By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Red Steel 2 bombed

RolStoppable said:
What I got from this thread is that we'll see Red Steel 3 in 2011. Also, your bias blinds you.

True, but because of all this Red Steel 3 will arrive only in November 2011 instead of April 2011 (which it would have had it sold 10 million copies), and only after at least 3 threads where ubisoft ex executives will be quoted as saying they are done with the Wii.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network

I will agree with the marketing but is it. It may not sell half of what the first did but it is still a good game to me.

siavm said:

I will agree with the marketing but is it. It may not sell half of what the first did but it is still a good game to me.

I know it's a no no, but I feel bad for some people who may read this thread and take it to heart, especially becasue it's a game some people may care about - so let me say this just once and for the sake of those who bother to actually read all posts in a thread - this is a joke thread, don't take what the OP wrote seriously.

I let myself write this because it will get buried in the reponses and only a select few will actually get to read this post. Most people don't even bother reading the first post, they just respond to the thread title

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Thread too long. Should ended it after first paragraph.
We don't need any stats or facts to decide whether a game bombed.

bmmb1 said:
siavm said:

I know it's a no no, but I feel bad for some people who may read this thread and take it to heart, especially becasue it's a game some people may care about - so let me say this just once and for the sake of those who bother to actually read all posts in a thread - this is a joke thread, don't take what the OP wrote seriously.

I let myself write this because it will get buried in the reponses and only a select few will actually get to read this post. Most people don't even bother reading the first post, they just respond to the thread title

Let's hope that it gets buried in responses.

Let's hope...

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Here's my small contribution to making my previous comment get buried

Galaki said:
Thread too long. Should ended it after first paragraph.
We don't need any stats or facts to decide whether a game bombed.

Actually just the title would have been sufficient. The moment it's said about a game, there's no turning back, no matter how much it sold or goes on to sell later.

i was thinking about why it failed and i think one of the reasons is because Red Steel 1 sucked!!!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Roma said:
i was thinking about why it failed and i think one of the reasons is because Red Steel 1 sucked!!!

Naming the game anything but Red Steel 2 probably would have been a good idea.

If it was titled Generic Game with Gun and Sword it probably would have sold better than it has with the name Red Steel 2. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

UR all Wr0nG!!1! Itz 'COS t3h Wii iz D0med!1!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046