By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Red Steel 2 bombed

Red Steel 2 had ONE day to sell the first week in Sweden. 25 of March, that would be a Sunday, a day when (at least where I'm from) many shops are closed. VGChartz has the game on the 26th, Monday this week in Europe.

Does anybody now get my point why Red Steel 2 did not sell that good in Europe the first week?

That way the second (or first) week sales might be higher. Or it won't be. Anyhow, I just bought the game.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
psrock said:
you are never out until the third strike. It will be a success one year from now.

What's considered a success?

The numbers Ubisoft stated of course: 500,000 copies exactly. 499,998 would be a severe disappointment.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

amp316 said:
psrock said:
you are never out until the third strike. It will be a success one year from now.

Once the internet says so.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
SaviorX said:
amp316 said:
psrock said:

The numbers Ubisoft stated of course: 500,000 copies exactly. 499,998 would be a severe disappointment.

...and if it sold 499,999 copies it would be just a disappointment and not THAT severe?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It's very hard for games to bomb on the Wii, almost impossible. That's why the developers keep trying.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
amp316 said:
psrock said:

*talks in serious voice*

I still don't know if that'll be the case.  For this game not to sell as much as the original, which it is a big improvement over, it has to be looked as a disappointment to everyone but Ubisoft.  We know that they only expect the game to sell 500K.  

That's the new thing to do for developers.  Make your predictions for a game so low that you have a good chance of meeting them.   

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Red Steel 2 should have better legs than The Conduit because The Conduit is a bad game. But then again, Wii owners seem to prefer bad games. Tough call.

amp316 said:
psrock said:
amp316 said:
psrock said:

*talks in serious voice*

I still don't know if that'll be the case.  For this game not to sell as much as the original, which it is a big improvement over, it has to be looked as a disappointment to everyone but Ubisoft.  We know that they only expect the game to sell 500K.  

That's the new thing to do for developers.  Make your predictions for a game so low that you have a good chance of meeting them.   

But that's how these games have performed on the Wii period. There isnt that big market in there unless it has the Nintendo touch. I am watching the sale og MH3 because it could break the trend, but I seriously think it wont change a thing.

This Gen has gone long enough to many things:

Wii: Fun, family console

MS: Multiplayer machine, 3rd party favourate.

PS3: It used to do more in 2006.

Next Gen 

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Red Steel 2 should have better legs than The Conduit because The Conduit is a bad game. But then again, Wii owners seem to prefer bad games. Tough call.

Would you consider New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Wii Sports Resort bad games?  Those are two of their huge sellers this year. 

SaviorX said:
FonzGemini said:
Bring this game to PS MOVE and let's show Nintendo how core games should sell.

Bioshock would like to have a word with you.

Irrelevant.... Everybody had already played and enjoyed the great game Bioshock by the time it released on PS3. Hell, Bioshock sold over 2 million on 360 alone. Since not many people play core games on Wii then that means that the majority of Red Steel 2 sales can come from a PS MOVE port.