By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Do you think God Of War 3 will outsell Mass Effect 2?

mOeR-rpGee said:
it will and rightfully so. Mass effect 2 was disappointing for me as an rpg fan.

Well I personally would take Mass Effect 2 over any hack n' slash. The Metacritic score has held up slightly better than God of War 3 as well.

GoW3 will definitely outsell ME2 on the 360. But combined 360 and PC? Most likely not, but we don't have the numbers to confirm that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Obviously yes.
GoW is the more popular series.

CommonMan said:
gekkokamen said:
the only thing these two games have in common is that both are sequel that are very much the same as the previous games. But in ME2 case, critics didn't seem to bring that up that much (that is the same) than they did with GoW3. Sales wise? GOW is a bigger franchise than ME, even though ME involves shooting that goes well with its target audience. Maybe they should include Multiplayer for ME3, that would do it....

I see by this and several other posts that we're back on the "360 is for shooters!" mantra again, why does this keep coming up? Is it just because Halo is so popular? This goes in waves and has been used to at any point indicate: the 360's library is terrible, the 360 users are shallow/young/n00bs/dull/sheep or that the games themselves are just copies of each other. It's a brilliant bit of spin that is a very versatile way to trash a bunch of things at once, but doesn't repeating it get a little old?

I know it's annoying but you'd be best to ignore it.  The 360 is just too linked to online / FPS huge sales for this argument to ever go away for certain posters so I wouldn't rise to it.

You know the 360 has a decent, diverse library and that's what matters in the end.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

chuchy said:
We all know it will. MS2 I a great game but is not as big and graphically unsuperior which adds to why GOW3 is better overall. Is reall hard to judge since trey are complete different

This post is so subjective its hilarious. Both games are great in their own way. Which ever game sells more deserves it.

God of War 3 PS3 will out sale Mass Effect 2 xbox 360. I do not think there is any doubt about that.

However, Mass Effect 2 is a 360 and PC game. Bioware is one of the highest selling PC game makers out there. Dragon age sold more on PC than 360 / ps3 quite easily. Mass Effect is more likely to be more even in the split.

Edit: Unlike alot of other posters, I have played both. I prefer Mass Effect 2 but both are very good games.

Around the Network

Lifetime: Mass Effect 2
First Year: GoW III

Mass Effect is WAY better in my mind, but the fact that it's a less popular franchise hurts it. You have to remember though, PC games sell for YEARS. They are still selling copies of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Quake, Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and each of those is over 10 years old.

Reasonable said:
CommonMan said:
gekkokamen said:
the only thing these two games have in common is that both are sequel that are very much the same as the previous games. But in ME2 case, critics didn't seem to bring that up that much (that is the same) than they did with GoW3. Sales wise? GOW is a bigger franchise than ME, even though ME involves shooting that goes well with its target audience. Maybe they should include Multiplayer for ME3, that would do it....

I see by this and several other posts that we're back on the "360 is for shooters!" mantra again, why does this keep coming up? Is it just because Halo is so popular? This goes in waves and has been used to at any point indicate: the 360's library is terrible, the 360 users are shallow/young/n00bs/dull/sheep or that the games themselves are just copies of each other. It's a brilliant bit of spin that is a very versatile way to trash a bunch of things at once, but doesn't repeating it get a little old?

I know it's annoying but you'd be best to ignore it.  The 360 is just too linked to online / FPS huge sales for this argument to ever go away for certain posters so I wouldn't rise to it.

You know the 360 has a decent, diverse library and that's what matters in the end.

Agreed, I really don't know how you stay so darned. . . reasonable . . . all the time.

duh

Wagram said:
mOeR-rpGee said:
Wagram said:
I think it will. But IMO M.E.2 is the better game.

not surprising comming from a guy with a ff8 avatar.

Yeah, it shouldn't be suprising since I OWN and have played both games. Not to mention Platinumed one and 1000Gd the other.

i was questioning you taste since you have a squall avatar (the most pathetic and boring character in rpg history)... ff8 would have been something great if they had that beautiful bastard named laguna as the lead and not that emotionally retarded punk.

SmoothCriminal said:
Lifetime: Mass Effect 2
First Year: GoW III

Mass Effect is WAY better in my mind, but the fact that it's a less popular franchise hurts it. You have to remember though, PC games sell for YEARS. They are still selling copies of Wolfenstein 3D, DOOM, Quake, Half-Life and Counter-Strike, and each of those is over 10 years old.

how can mass effect 2 beat it life time when its showing incredibly pathetic legs... the game is good enough to not be selling so terribly.