By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the first generation where every console is a success

dharh said:
Khuutra said:
rccsetzer said:
This is the first gen that most people feel inclined to own all consoles. :)

And buddy I am never doing this again.

Ditto. In fact I might only buy one console next gen, probably whichever gets the best MMOs. Not likely a nintendo console thats for sure.

Console get MMO?

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

MMO's on Console? why dont you use a PC?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

KungKras said:
dharh said:
Khuutra said:
rccsetzer said:

Ditto. In fact I might only buy one console next gen, probably whichever gets the best MMOs. Not likely a nintendo console thats for sure.

Console get MMO?

Mark my words. Next gen will see a rise in MMOs. Developers like stable environments. The PC platform is anything but stable. Quite a lot of resources are spent just making and keeping MMOs running on the hundreds of different configurations possible in PCs. Already there are some in development for the current gen. FFIX is still around.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I agree, I am not a fan of the Wii, But I love my PS3 and 360, All consoles are doing very well, I do think in a year or 2 the PS3 will overcome the 360, but it really does not matter, Bottom line is its preference, everybody has a bad ass console, With Ps move comming out and lots of other established IPs, like Killzone , Res , Infamous , LBP, Socom, just to name a couple PS3 will continue to shine, also with Reach comming for 360 along with Natal, MS should continue to do well also, I do think PS move will do better then Natal, but they both should see nice numbers, This Gen my hats off to all consoles, Great job gamming industry as a whole.

I may not be able to go single-owner again, but I'm going to do my very best to just bite the bullet and skip out on at least one console.

The transition would be eased if my sister-in-law's beau were to pick up the slack, but eh.

Around the Network
libellule said:
no, I would have put it this way :

"this is the only generation that the leading console is NOT a total success"

This is the first time the leading console has been bashed to hell by gamers or reviewer
This is the first time you can be a hardcore gamer and not being attracted by it.
This is what make Wii so special.

This. Seconded. Thirded.

That should account for any further replies lol

dharh said:
KungKras said:
dharh said:
Khuutra said:
rccsetzer said:

Console get MMO?

Mark my words. Next gen will see a rise in MMOs. Developers like stable environments. The PC platform is anything but stable. Quite a lot of resources are spent just making and keeping MMOs running on the hundreds of different configurations possible in PCs. Already there are some in development for the current gen. FFIX is still around.

Bah, I don't care what developers like or dislike. Customers will decide. And I will not vote with my wallet for console MMOs >:

I LOVE ICELAND!

Gilgamesh said:

There really isn't any console dominating as bad as the other generations.

I stopped reading there.

The "HD" is strong in this post (lol)

KungKras said:
dharh said:
KungKras said:

Console get MMO?

Bah, I don't care what developers like or dislike. Customers will decide. And I will not vote with my wallet for console MMOs >:

That's your choice obviously. Perchance you don't even like MMOs anyway? I personally love a chance at a stable MMO that doesn't break every time I am forced to replace a component in my PC or that the developers dont have to spend alot of resources so the game works for that dumb ass who still uses a 3DFX card.

Customers will decide. I bet quite a few of them will decide they are ok with and might prefer the MMO of their choice be on the console.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.