By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is the first generation where every console is a success

I support this thread. Gives me a tiny bit of hope that this community still has a chance at non-partisanship.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:

Yea....1% of Wiis fail, and like 1.5% of PS3s fail. 50% more, right?

Bullpoop. Theres no supporting evidence for such a low failure rate. There is evidence to the contrary however.

You're talking about earlier models being unreliable?  Just google "PS3 failure rate".

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1388522&postcount=137 I think the best way to get a feel for the console failure rate is at dev studios actually. The dev kits there are in use 24/7, 365 days a year so they effectively get accelerated wear and tear. Early 360's broke en masse, I remember an entire wall built with broken 360's when I worked with 2K way back, it was quite shocking to see that many all stacked like bricks waiting to be returned. But that failure rate dropped dramatically over time. PS3's broke rarely early on (the test kits that look like retail PS3's), but they have continued to break at a relatively steady rate to where given enough time eventually they all broke (the early models). As far as I could tell, all launch models of both machines are doomed to eventual failure, it just takes PS3's much longer before failure. I presume this has all been fixed now since anytime there were kit failures at the last place I was at they were usually older models.

I dare you to reconcile this quote with a supposed 1.5% failure rate.

Tease.