By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has "Nintendo, Wii" In their tags for the MOVE on youtube LOL!!

AbbathTheGrim said:
I don't see why the outrage! XD It makes perfect sense to me. I guess they would like that people who make a search for Wii get the chance to see their product which comes to compete in the same field as the Wii. :P It is PR.

I'm actually surprised not to see Natal in the tags. Makes good marketing sense for people who are searching youtube for Natal or Wii tagged videos to have Move thrust at them. It's basically the same advertising tactic as saying "McDonalds hamburgers are crap, try our tasty fresh Burger Fuel burgers."

It's pretty smart to use the brand recognition your competition has established to promote your own product.

It's only the people who want to carry on the Wii-mote copycat diatribe that make more out of this than it really is.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Sony have historically improved upon those ideas though, so it's not all bad.

Analogue -> Dual Analogue

Rumble Pak -> Built in Rumble

Anyway...
Why do we never see any complaints about say, the DVD? Wasn't the PlayStation 2 the first console to use DVD tech? Yet now it is used by the Xbox... Or wasn't the original PlayStation the console with CD-based tech to first "use it successfully", with over 100Million units sold? We never hear anything about those though do we?

Or even the PlayStation Memory Card... Surely that was the first to be uber popular, with 100M+ sales of the console... Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Both Wii and 360 STILL use Memory Cards.

Carl...stop it, you are much higher to be arguing something so dumb, This debate and way the that it get twisted to match ppls agenca is just silly... just ignore it Carl

Xxain said:

Carl...stop it, you are much higher to be arguing something so dumb, This debate and way the that it get twisted to match ppls agenca is just silly... just ignore it Carl

I just want to know why people suddenly forget the things Sony brought to gaming

Carl2291 said:
Xxain said:

I just want to know why people suddenly forget the things Sony brought to gaming

Sony makes shit better, no doubt. 

Without the PS1 we would still be using cartridges and one joystick and without the PS2 we never would of had the 3D GTA series.

jesus kung fu magic said:
Smashed said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Bamboleo said:

Copying Nintendo controls is already embarrassing enough, but this is absolutely insane.

Get real kid. Nintendo didn't invent it.

They came up with the design and implementation, so how didn't they invent it?

Sony fans, I love you, but you're the kings of spin.

Nintendo did not invent motion controls.

Move has the same design, so? What people fail to realize in this industry is, companies use other ideas from other companies.

Sony was the first to design dual-analog controllers, Nintendo did it, so did Microsoft.

Do you see anyone getting butthurt over it?

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Touché

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Xxain said:

simple because there are 2 types of debaters: 1. the ppl who debate with you honestly with a open mind are willing to Xxcept a different point, 2. then theres the willingly ignorant ppl who will refuse all types of information to make sure there view remains true...ur dealing with a whole lot of number 2

Xxain said:
Carl2291 said:
Xxain said:

simple because there are 2 types of debaters: 1. the ppl who debate with you honestly with a open mind are willing to Xxcept a different point, 2. then theres the willingly ignorant ppl who will refuse all types of information to make sure there view remains true...ur dealing with a whole lot of number 2

Yeah number 2's can be some real assholes.

Sorry. I had to:)

Pellefant said:
Xxain said:
Carl2291 said:
Xxain said:

Yeah number 2's can be some real assholes.

Sorry. I had to:)

Number 1, I order you to take a number 2.

wow sony knows no ends...

they are pathetic.

hello how are you.

Smashed said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Bamboleo said:

Copying Nintendo controls is already embarrassing enough, but this is absolutely insane.

Get real kid. Nintendo didn't invent it.

They came up with the design and implementation, so how didn't they invent it?

Sony fans, I love you, but you're the kings of spin.

Nintendo did not invent motion controls.

Move has the same design, so? What people fail to realize in this industry is, companies use other ideas from other companies.

Sony was the first to design dual-analog controllers, Nintendo did it, so did Microsoft.

Do you see anyone getting butthurt over it?

Oh yes, I'm very butthurt. In fact I have a PS3 and it was expensive enough without Move.

It's not motion controls, it's a motion controller. Big difference.

The design and implementation is virtually the same with a few tweaks. Please stop arguing that, it's pathetic. I have better things to do than discussing the blueness of the sky and so does everybody else.