By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony has "Nintendo, Wii" In their tags for the MOVE on youtube LOL!!

Bamboleo said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Smashed said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Bamboleo said:

Copying Nintendo controls is already embarrassing enough, but this is absolutely insane.

Get real kid. Nintendo didn't invent it.

They came up with the design and implementation, so how didn't they invent it?

Sony fans, I love you, but you're the kings of spin.

Nintendo did not invent motion controls.

Move has the same design, so? What people fail to realize in this industry is, companies use other ideas from other companies.

Sony was the first to design dual-analog controllers, Nintendo did it, so did Microsoft.

Do you see anyone getting butthurt over it?

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Touché

Amen

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Xxain said:
Is this serious?... youtube groups everything by relavence for example while lookin at WKC vids i was running into FFXlll because there part of a relevant genre. Now not arguing the age old Move and Wii-mote but there is deffinitly better ways of proving something......., thats been proven

/thread

besides who assigns the tags? I always thought it was the search engine

The uploader of the video types them. This is the official Sony trying to lure youtube viewers to their own Move video using the Nintendo Wii brand name.

whats your point???

Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Bamboleo said:

Copying Nintendo controls is already embarrassing enough, but this is absolutely insane.

Move has the same design, so? What people fail to realize in this industry is, companies use other ideas from other companies.

Sony was the first to design dual-analog controllers, Nintendo did it, so did Microsoft.

Oh yes, I'm very butthurt. In fact I have a PS3 and it was expensive enough without Move.

It's not motion controls, it's a motion controller. Big difference.

The design and implementation is virtually the same with a few tweaks. Please stop arguing that, it's pathetic. I have better things to do than discussing the blueness of the sky and so does everybody else.

(Edited away for being a prick:)

Given the success of the Wiimote, and the fact that Sony had a similar product ready, isn't it just common sense to put that product on the market? Should they have chosen not to just because they weren't first this gen? It doesn't matter if you call it copying or not. And please stop saying you have better things to do when you're arguing just to argue.

Also, and I find this to be somewhat important, it's an add on.

Pellefant said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Azelover said:
Smashed said:
Bamboleo said:

Oh yes, I'm very butthurt. In fact I have a PS3 and it was expensive enough without Move.

It's not motion controls, it's a motion controller. Big difference.

The design and implementation is virtually the same with a few tweaks. Please stop arguing that, it's pathetic. I have better things to do than discussing the blueness of the sky and so does everybody else.

(Edited away for being a prick:)

Given the success of the Wiimote, and the fact that Sony had a similar product ready, isn't it just common sense to put that product on the market? Should they have chosen not to just because they weren't first this gen? It doesn't matter if you call it copying or not. And please stop saying you have better things to do when you're arguing just to argue.

Also, and I find this to be somewhat important, it's an add on.

I'm not arguing at all. The person said Nintendo had no part in inventing it, so to speak.

This stuff is backfiring on Sony only because it keeps getting denied.. if like the DS1 and DS2 they had just built it because it made sense and given credit where it's due, most people wouldn't have a problem with it or even give it a lot of attention. For all the crap he said, Kutaragi used to regard Nintendo highly and I don't think he'd deny borrowing an idea from them..

Plus, don't forget Sega was the first to get Nintendo's implementation of the analog stick on their controllers, and they did get quite some criticism for it.

Around the Network

I don't really see a problem with the tags personally...

Tease.

Carl2291 said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Sony did not innovate anything......their controller at launch didnt even have any analog sticks but once the N64 analog was getting praise , sony made the dual-stick model controller and when nintendos rumble pak took off , sony made the dual shock......all sony has done is copy Nintendo by literally doubling it.

It is a case of follow the leader.

Sony have historically improved upon those ideas though, so it's not all bad.

Analogue -> Dual Analogue

Rumble Pak -> Built in Rumble

Anyway...
Why do we never see any complaints about say, the DVD? Wasn't the PlayStation 2 the first console to use DVD tech? Yet now it is used by the Xbox... Or wasn't the original PlayStation the console with CD-based tech to first "use it successfully", with over 100Million units sold? We never hear anything about those though do we?

Or even the PlayStation Memory Card... Surely that was the first to be uber popular, with 100M+ sales of the console... Why don't we ever hear anything about that? Both Wii and 360 STILL use Memory Cards.

Being the first to be popular isnt the same as being innovative.....which should be obvious.

And the ps2 using dvd's is just progression NOT innovation.....there were other gaming machines using discs as mediums and dvd's were the next discs to be used. You dont hear about any of these in an innovations discussion because they have no place in them.

Yes Sony broke these once after thought products and made them gaming standards , but that is not innovating that is using past ideas for your own success.

Thats one reason I believe that the Move will fail and Natal will have a chance to succeed......the move is already copying something that is easily the biggest thing in console gaming history which is the wii-mote and that will make it look like a copycat.While Natal is copying something that faltered and improving on it vastly which is the eyetoy.....this gives Natal a chance while the Move is already sent to its deathbed at birth.

*BTW , most cd-based consoles before the PS1 used memory cards......case in point the sega-cd.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

We didn't start the flame war.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos

indodude said:

indodude said:

I do like!

Tease.