By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is in danger of losing it's fans

kingofwale said:
the key is balance.

I would be worried if Sony didn't have such a strong and great 3 party support (keyword here: Great, no shovelware).

it's really self-regulating on PS3, if a game sucks, Fans will ignore it and the game will fail, and the developers will not make another. Games like Carnival games will NEVER succeed on PS3

They have to do better than Brunswick Bowling for 3rd party support since it was on the Wii and was terrible.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I believe and trust in Sony's direction. They are doing the things ok. casual + hardcore.

Well...

It's not all copying.

There was BOUND to be a lot of similarities between the "sports" type games, and even in some of the party games.

But Sony also showed Socom 4. And Motion Fighter had a lot of things i haven't seen done on Wii yet. Examples - Spinning Punches + Head Lock.

While they are pretty similar now, you need to wait and see the full launch lineup, there are a lot of developers working on it...

losing his fans ?

why fans would stop liking Sony ? they will stop make "hardcore" game in 2011 ?

Time to Work !

Good Games take a few year. it will start out with shovel ware, but you will soon get some great games. Nintendo failed to do that.

Around the Network
nordlead said:
kingofwale said:
the key is balance.

I would be worried if Sony didn't have such a strong and great 3 party support (keyword here: Great, no shovelware).

it's really self-regulating on PS3, if a game sucks, Fans will ignore it and the game will fail, and the developers will not make another. Games like Carnival games will NEVER succeed on PS3

what strong and great 3rd party support? You mean 505 games right? I mean, I'm yet to see a game that is "good" that hasn't already been released and is being updated or isn't 1st party. In reality the only "good" game so far is SOCOM.

Oh, and I'm quoting you on Carnival games. I'm betting you get at least 1 "carnival games" and then a sequel which would mean success.

Again, Sony has always had good third party support. And I am not going to claim otherwise about this until about 1 year into this.

We've gone through this before when PS3 launched, and look at where we are now?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Meh, as long as GoWIII comes out, I think Sony fans are cool.

libellule said:
losing his fans ?

why fans would stop liking Sony ? they will stop make "hardcore" game in 2011 ?

When Nintendo released the Wii hundreds of people posted on this forum that they left Nintendo and bought a PS3. Unless they are liars or hypocrits we should be seeing some of them leave the PS3 now. Heck, we have an ex-Nintendo fanboy right in this thread

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

This generation the Sony and Playstation brands have been deeply hurt.

The new "move" thing isn't helping at all.

Hardware : expensive & no real benefit over that of the wii except HD definition
Software : line-up looks like a lame copy-cat of the wii's & with zelda excepted
Marketing : this is the worst part imo, instead of perfecting the product they gave a show @ GDC of everything in a pre-alpha phase turning the potential hype into a slow disapointment.

Sony can still fix this. They have to focus on what they are doing right and stop trying to imitate Xbox and Wii.

meatloaf73 said:
Good Games take a few year. it will start out with shovel ware, but you will soon get some great games. Nintendo failed to do that.

In a few years the PS4 will be out.

Are you telling me that there are no great games an the Wii?  I could name several.  That would be like me saying that there are no good games on the PS3.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger