By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is in danger of losing it's fans

Sony PS3 is outselling the ps2 and ps1 week on week. if anything sony is gaining fans. All companies are because day after day more people in more countries are able to buy electronics.

Around the Network

First off, Ford? I think you mean Benz. Second what will really count is precision. This is what I think this is really all about, fear. What if Sony does a dam sight better job? Yes there are similarities in the game genres but isn’t that the same across the spectrum?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

If Sony didn't lose their harcore fans when the PS3 was new, then they will not lose them with the "move" :P

I LOVE ICELAND!

How are they going to lose fans? It's not like they are going to stop producing non-motion controlled games, or discontinue the dualshock 3. Tons of games will probably even have the option of being played with motion or analog stick. They will gain fans if anything.

nordlead said:
Silentium said:
Your example is Coke changing their taste into Pepsi-taste. This would be valid for Sony if they stopped making core games, but they aren't.

Their plan is to invent a NEW Coke with Pepsi flavour to gain new customers AND keep on selling their old coke to keep on satisfy the sony fans. ;)

Nintendo didn't stop making regular coke either...

Don’t you mean Pepsi didn’t stop making regular Pepsi either? Other wise the whole analogy crumbles.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Around the Network

Sony is playing along to a tune.. they're not doing anything too unique.

joshin69 said:
nordlead said:
Silentium said:
Your example is Coke changing their taste into Pepsi-taste. This would be valid for Sony if they stopped making core games, but they aren't.

Their plan is to invent a NEW Coke with Pepsi flavour to gain new customers AND keep on selling their old coke to keep on satisfy the sony fans. ;)

Nintendo didn't stop making regular coke either...

Don’t you mean Pepsi didn’t stop making regular Pepsi either? Other wise the whole analogy crumbles.

sure whatever

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

well they wont lose me.  i like advancement in gaming in all aspects because it improve my gaming experience.  whether it is user interface, graphics, physics, story and all the other directions for advancement.  the problem i had with the wii was that it only advancement was the interface everything else was still last gen imo. i still enjoyed playing it and never said anything bad about it except maybe about precision and some other things (never used motion+).  it had a great advantage the others didnt have.

oh and people saying about the price, and that it is a copy. there has been know price stated yet and i doubt it will go up to $500, $400 would probably be the most imo.  quite alot of the features have been copied from the wii and there no denying the similarity's that the games have, but there are video's of this tech being demonstrated on you tube going back as far as 2004, and the ps moveye (combined move and eye because i feel sony is missing the point) has the eye as well which was its original purpose, sony identified problems with the camera, like the need for buttons, it was also suppose to do alot more (eyedentify comes to mind).  it was suppose to do everything natal promises.  which is another point, albeit slightly of topic, sony showed respect to wii, were as peter molyneux and microsoft claims natal is new and revolutionary.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

Stupid thread. One of the worst i have ever saw. Lame argument and wrong comparisson : Pepsi x coke.

I didn't spend $750 at launch only to back out now, just give me SOCOM and Time Crisis 5 and I'll stay loyal.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752