By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony is in danger of losing it's fans

amp316 is a Nintendo guy and he is just here to troll on Sony

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Around the Network

i agree with nordlead,

it's indeed stupid for Sony to copy Nintendo, but i could be that they can do better than Nintendo in terms of games.

we shall see....

You're missing one point.

Many Sony fans didn't hate the Wii. They just envy it.

The proof of that is that they just trolled motion controls like.no.other in the past and now are praising the PS Move controls, which are a copy of the Wii controls. Like you said, imitation happens.

And so happens hypocrisy. Sony won't lose any fans at all.

Nothing wrong with supporting motion controls as long as they support core games as well. And sony has enough devs to do both, or do you think Sony Santa Monica's next project is going to be a minigame collection?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

kjj4t9rdad said:
I think the OP is missing the point of what Sony is doing. They are trying to attract new consumers by adding features to an already amazing system. As long as they still produce traditional controlled games they won't lose a single fan. There is nothing bad about adding a optional feature. If I don't like the Move, I don't have to buy it, I don't have that choice with the Wii.

yup. This is more about getting those exclusive Wii centric 3rd party application's to be able to be brought over to the PS3 also.

with the List of 3rd party Developer's signed up it's not like Sony is putting any less focus on the HARDCORE in my opinion, because most if not all sony 1st and 2nd party software is being spread out, one of the better thing's That Sony may be thinking of is:

you have:

GAME'S WITH MORE

arcade, and puzzle and maybe some stratagy type game's now filling in the much needed Gap's that you need on a regular basis.

this only help's

not hinder.

your not going to get as many big budget game's to release as fast as some of these type of game's because their is more time involved in making them, Sony offering something like the Wii control scheme kind of fill's out the down time between from one of the big budget game's release to the next, that way there is something to play.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Bamboleo said:
You're missing one point.

Many Sony fans didn't hate the Wii. They just envy it.

The proof of that is that they just trolled motion controls like.no.other in the past and now are praising the PS Move controls, which are a copy of the Wii controls. Like you said, imitation happens.

And so happens hypocrisy. Sony won't lose any fans at all.

Actually I was intrested in move untill I saw its games today.. Sony fans who hate on the Wii do it either for the reason you mentioned OR because they hate Motion Controls OR because they don't like its games.. I dont like the Wii games or the controls very much.. but if PS move was well implemented I would have give it a shot..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

@ gamelover

I'm happy to see that you're such a reasonable person, as the opposite of the majority of the Sony audience, which didn't like motion controls because those were not available on their platform.

Same case for Natal.

If it was being launched for a Nintendo or Sony system it wouldn't get so much hate.

It's the way console wars are.

Your example is Coke changing their taste into Pepsi-taste. This would be valid for Sony if they stopped making core games, but they aren't.

Their plan is to invent a NEW Coke with Pepsi flavour to gain new customers AND keep on selling their old coke to keep on satisfy the sony fans. ;)

Ever since Sony wand news and info has come out all I see in the forums are Wii fans cr8ting a thread for it......

amp316 said:

I know what many of you are saying.  You're saying that amp316 is a Nintendo guy and he is just here to troll on Sony, but honestly that's not the case.  Hear me out and see if you agree with anything that I 'm saying because I am trying to bring up some valid and unbiased points.

First off, I would like to say that I do not have a negative attitude to Sony Move and the Subcontroller because they resemble the Wii Remote and the Nunchuck.  I understand that Sony is trying to use the best available technology out there and use it to their advantage.  Imitation happens.  This is true with every worthwile invention that's ever been.  If it weren't, only Ford would make cars.

What I think that the major problem is with Sony's direction is not the fact that they're embracing motion controls, but it's the way that they are doing it.  Let's just say that being a Wii owner, many of the games that they showed at their press conference look a bit TOO familiar.  I'll list a few:

The Shoot:  This is a light gun shooter and the Wii has several of those.  

Sports Champions:  It showed three events in the game which were archery, swordfighting, and  table tennis which looked similar to archery, swordfighting and table tennis that I have played on another system.

Motion Fighter:  This looks like Wii Boxing but with better graphics.

Move Party:  This involved odd looking minigames like blowing chickens into a basket with a fan and cutting and dying hair.  It reminded me of Wario Ware: Smooth Moves.

My point is that coming out with the same exact thing and putting a fresh coat of paint on it is insulting Sony's fan's intelligence in my opinion.  Also, as far as I know, most Sony fans don't like the Wii so why would they like any of these sort of games?  I don't think that they would.  Furthermore, if they think that they are going to take away the casual fan from the Wii they are sorely mistaken.  Nintendo already owns that audience.

My final point is this.  Sony fans like Sony.  Nintendo fans like Nintendo.  What Sony is doing reminds me of when Coca-Cola introduced New Coke because they were losing to Pepsi at the time.  They made Coke taste more like Pepsi and no one liked it.  People that liked Coke still wanted Coke and not Pepsi in a Coke can.  Sony is turning into the New Coke and will be in trouble unless they bring back Coca-Cola Classic.  

A valid point indeed, however, I don't think it will have much of an impact so long as we still get killer games!