By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Poll : How should the OPM UK Reviewer of OMGOW III die ?

Poll : How should the OPM UK Reviewer of OMGOW III die ?

Burn him alive ! 8 4.44%

Decapitate him ! 6 3.33%

Hang the retard ! 8 4.44%

Torture him and make him ... 10 5.56%

Sexually harass him first... 13 7.22%

Make him watch Twilight 78 times in a row.... 135 75.00%

Total:180
StokedUp said:

will it get an higher meta than Mass Effect 2 or Uncharted 2 amoung thieves? if it does ill be really impressed then, REALLY impressed

GoW 1 - 94

GoW II - 93

And since when do you judge a title's quality by comparing meta scores ?

For me, GoW 1 and II were better games than Uncharted 2 though...don't know about ME though..haven't played them...

Around the Network

it's a 9.....its still pretty good score :\ .....you know others are going to vote it lower so why should someone who gave it a very high score get the sock? Because he's official and suppose to be biased?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:
Or we could look at why it didn't get 10

"The game is inches from scoring 10/10, and it's only the familiarity of the core gameplay (standing on the shoulders of giants) that makes it feel less than the very, very best"

Seems fair enough to me

NO. OPM UK have no idea on what they're talking about.
OMGoW 1 - 6OMGoW II - 8
OMGoW III is the most perfect game ever created, since MGS4 ofcourse.
StokedUp said:

i honestly dont think that ign review is real i reckon its photoshoped, i think ign will give it 9.

GoW 1 IGN - 9.8

GoW II IGN - 9.7

GoW Collection IGN - 9.4

GoW III, with all its improvements, - 9.0 ? HELL NO. 9.4 minimum.

Munkeh111 said:

"The game is inches from scoring 10/10, and it's only the familiarity of the core gameplay (standing on the shoulders of giants) that makes it feel less than the very, very best"

Seems fair enough to me

Well, they didn't... They gave them both 9, I have the review where they gave GoW II 9, the score for GoW I is in the back. The slight confusion may be that technically, those scores are from OPS2M UK, rather than OPM UK, but most of the staff works on OPM UK now, including the editor

They have only given 7 PS3 games a 10, U2, MW 1 & 2, LBP, GTA IV, MGS 4 & Oblivion.

Munkeh111 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:

Seems fair enough to me

OMGoW 1 - 6OMGoW II - 8
StokedUp said:

i honestly dont think that ign review is real i reckon its photoshoped, i think ign will give it 9.

GoW 1 IGN - 9.8

GoW II IGN - 9.7

GoW Collection IGN - 9.4

Munkeh111 said:

Seems fair enough to me

Well, they didn't... They gave them both 9, I have the review where they gave GoW II 9, the score for GoW I is in the back. The slight confusion may be that technically, those scores are from OPS2M UK, rather than OPM UK, but most of the staff works on OPM UK now, including the editor

They have only given 7 PS3 games a 10, U2, MW 1 & 2, LBP, GTA IV, MGS 4 & Oblivion.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godofwar2?q=God%20of%20War 80/100 This one is OPM UK...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godofwar?q=God%20of%20War Its still (more or less) the same thing...OPS2M UK - 60/100

GodOfWar_3ever said:
StokedUp said:

will it get an higher meta than Mass Effect 2 or Uncharted 2 amoung thieves? if it does ill be really impressed then, REALLY impressed

GoW 1 - 94

GoW II - 93

For me, GoW 1 and II were better games than Uncharted 2 though...don't know about ME though..haven't played them...

w t f ?

I've finished GoW from the Collection last week, while impressive for it's time, it really can't hold a candle to UC2. Maybe GoW II is better...

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network
aragod said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
StokedUp said:

GoW 1 - 94

GoW II - 93

w t f ?

I've finished GoW from the Collection last week, while impressive for it's time, it really can't hold a candle to UC2. Maybe GoW II is better...

Thats why I said "for me"...

Sure the collection wouldn't impress as much. They're PS2 games which were just sooooooo fucking awesome in their time..the fact that they can even hold up to Uncharted 2 is something special.

GoW 1 & 2 had more "OMFG !" moments than Uncharted 2 imo.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Can't wait for the VGChartz review,expecting a 9.5 :D

We'll have to wait and see.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Death would be too swift. I voted Twilight.

He would probably take his own life at around the half hour mark of the second view.

Kantor said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Can't wait for the VGChartz review,expecting a 9.5 :D

Not exactly, but it will become the highest rated game on Vgchartz with a perfect 10 ! If I fail to do so, I will resign from the review team.

Kantor, you are so awesome man !

(Tears of joy)

GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Munkeh111 said:

Seems fair enough to me

OMGoW 1 - 6OMGoW II - 8
StokedUp said:

GoW 1 IGN - 9.8

GoW II IGN - 9.7

GoW Collection IGN - 9.4

Munkeh111 said:

Seems fair enough to me

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godofwar2?q=God%20of%20War 80/100 This one is OPM UK...

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/godofwar?q=God%20of%20War Its still (more or less) the same thing...OPS2M UK - 60/100

That first one is certainly wrong. I don't actually have that issue anymore, but in the "top 100" section in the back of one of the later magazines it had a 9/10

The reason it got 8 was again, it was too similar to the first. It was also in the context of the PS3 coming out the month before. It was reviewed in OPM UK and OPS2M UK, the later gave it a 9. As I said, the magazines are in some ways continuous.... but I have yet to disagree with them on a review other than Oblivion