By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim on the way? Steve Balmer talk

If they got rid of the power brick and made the console a bit smaller it would be awesome!

Around the Network
dahuman said:
I question their ability to manufacture a stable enough version of a smaller 360 given the current standing on the different failures that the 360 is facing, it should be interesting, though I'm most likely not going to buy a 360 again personally.

Do you question Sony's ability with the slim given theres now a shortage for unknown reasons and the fact that almost all launch models are doomed?

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

360 Slim + Natal = winning formula for Microsoft. Second place will be guaranteed for the 360 and the sales lead over the PS3 will grow towards the end of 2010.

I'd imagine given the huge response in the market to the PS3 slim, if MS hadn't been already, they began setting plans to release a re-modelled 360.

I don't think it will have near the sales impact the PS3 version did, but it could still push a considerable amount of hardware.

With Natal, and a huge marketing campaign, they could essentially re-launch the 360, much like Sony did last year with the PS3.

To sum up, I see no reason why this would not happen.

C'mon M$..bring the slim version. PS3's tired waiting!

Around the Network

sorry to burst bubble but pure vaporwave comment meaning : nothing

we may have a slim coming but this quote ... is quite non significative if you ask me

wait and see

Time to Work !

Twistedpixel said:
dahuman said:
I question their ability to manufacture a stable enough version of a smaller 360 given the current standing on the different failures that the 360 is facing, it should be interesting, though I'm most likely not going to buy a 360 again personally.

Do you question Sony's ability with the slim given theres now a shortage for unknown reasons and the fact that almost all launch models are doomed?

Uhm what? :s

dahuman said:

The new chips Sony put in the PS3 slim made the console more energy efficient and cooler running than the Phat PS3. If Microsoft also went with a more energy efficient and cooler running chipset, they would be able to accomplish the same thing with a 360 Slim.

I doubt MS would make a 360 slim as unreliable as the original was at launch.. that would be suicide lol..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

papflesje said:
Twistedpixel said:
dahuman said:

Uhm what? :s

Early PS3s in the mid term (3-4 years) are about as unreliable as the Xbox 360s. The 60GBs will be very rare by the time the next PS3 launches. It takes them longer to fail but pretty much every single one is doomed due to the heat and the new solder.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?