By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 Slim on the way? Steve Balmer talk

Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:

No its really quite simple.

Every 60GB PS3s solder joints will crack.

Every 60GB PS3s heat spread compound will go dry and brittle and lose effectiveness.

Every 60GB PS3 which is used will die.

no your trying to use a small sample to make it seem like it represent's the status as a whole

that's what is simple:

like I said your are reaching

No, what im saying is that almost every PS3 60GB launch model is going to die within a timespan which is within the expected lifespan of the product (6 years). Most 40GBs will die on the same terms as well. This is due to the solder used and the heat compound between the heatsink and the chip being inadequate.

no what you stated was this:

"Early PS3s in the mid term (3-4 years) are about as unreliable as the Xbox 360s. The 60GBs will be very rare by the time the next PS3 launches. It takes them longer to fail but pretty much every single one is doomed due to the heat and the new solder.

which

is not true at all.

because if it did, there would have been way more failure rated PS3's and the new's media would have ran a story on it, just like the Bios chip time state software failure.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network
Pock3R said:
considering it took 4 years to figure out how to stop the 360s from overheating, is it really a good idea to try and make them smaller?

they overheat less but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen that why i am doubt they are making a slim and again do it this fast.

joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:
joeorc said:
Twistedpixel said:

No its really quite simple.

Every 60GB PS3s solder joints will crack.

Every 60GB PS3s heat spread compound will go dry and brittle and lose effectiveness.

Every 60GB PS3 which is used will die.

no your trying to use a small sample to make it seem like it represent's the status as a whole

that's what is simple:

like I said your are reaching

No, what im saying is that almost every PS3 60GB launch model is going to die within a timespan which is within the expected lifespan of the product (6 years). Most 40GBs will die on the same terms as well. This is due to the solder used and the heat compound between the heatsink and the chip being inadequate.

no what you stated was this:

"Early PS3s in the mid term (3-4 years) are about as unreliable as the Xbox 360s. The 60GBs will be very rare by the time the next PS3 launches. It takes them longer to fail but pretty much every single one is doomed due to the heat and the new solder.

which

is not true at all.

because if it did, there would have been way more failure rated PS3's and the new's media would have ran a story on it, just like the Bios chip time state software failure.

The media doesn't report everything, especially if everyone who gets a broken console considers themselves to be a freak case.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Cannot wait for the 360 Slim!!! I would get one in a heartbeat! I suspect that they will come with natal packed in, so that will be bonus....Heres to hoping for the slim!!

Kinect! who needs video games!

given the context right before the highlighted, doesn't it point to a tv with a 360 built inside? Where are you getting the idea that it's referencing a slim version?

Also, perhaps they may be a XBL only 360 coming?

Around the Network

This has made me just that much more hyped for GDC, and E3 2010.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Is there any reason for Microsoft to release a slim 360? The slim PS3 was pretty much released out of necessity to cut costs and basically shed their previous image. Public perception of the PS brand wasn't as great as it could have been back then. They've even gone as far as to replace the old logo and redesign the PS3 cases. It was partial do over. Microsoft on the other hand has a great public image especially among gamers. What possible benefit could be gained from a slim model. I'm sure they can cut costs without a complete redesign. They're better off with a simple price cut.

If they do do a redesign, I hope they don't go the integrated power supply route.
Yes, Sony managed it so there's technically no reason why MS can't, but the extra heat source inside the box due to the power supply might need a radical shift in MS's design philosophy.
Look at the size of the current X360 even without an internal power source. It's quite large.

the hard drive issue, i don't think, will actually be an issue. they could get around this by forcing the new model to be horizontal (easier on optical drives) and put a slot for the HDD on what would be the top of the unit imo.

If they keep the power brick, I think they could be onto a winner if they do this redesign.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Day 1 for me 2!

Xoj said:
Pock3R said:
considering it took 4 years to figure out how to stop the 360s from overheating, is it really a good idea to try and make them smaller?

they overheat less but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen that why i am doubt they are making a slim and again do it this fast.

how do you no that they ar doing it fast? could'nt it have been in development for years already without us knowing

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER