By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Most balanced/unbiased poster on this site?

There's a lot of them actually but I don't want to forget any so I won't say anything else.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:
Reasonable is the member I hold in the highest regard on this field. We certainly have a fair share of people who looks beyond what hardware they're playing on though, although that doesn't mean people won't have preferences. Khuutra, d21lewis, CGI, just to mention some (God I hope someone says my name )

I think Rainbird is the most balanced poster here (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Aaaawwww... I would have settled for someone saying 'Rainbird', but you put my name in a sentence!

I'm so happy

I've been pushing for CGI for modness for half a year now. He's a very nice guy from what i've seen.

People who are already mods but deserve an honorable mention for their balancedness: Trashleg and Zexen_lowe. My favorite scottish and south american posters respectively.

dunno001 said:
Well, unbiased really... doesn't exist. Least biased... I'd probably also go with Reasonable. I usually try to be fairly balanced, but I know I have skews myself...

Very good point.  I mean whether people recognize it or not, when we perceieve things through the senses we naturally slant it in some way or some form that we may not even notice.  And then slant it further when we communicate it back.  Even in the smallest sense.  You bring 10 people to look at a fallen tree in the forest, and then tell them 10 minutes later to write about it, you'll get 10 different perceptions of what was seen. 

So obviously when it comes to something where people have more than just a sensual perception to, but an emotional attachment there will be more obvious slanting when things happen.  It's hard to fight as human beings and no one can fully fight it but we should all try to at least be respectable.  I'd be the first to say that I'm probably very biased in a lot of my opinions, and some things I write and don't post, would be very unbecoming of what I usually right.  Thing is I just don't post it.  Always try to look how my post will affect someone else or different opinions, whether it is logical, and whether onot I'm taking into account the human condition (pathos).

So I think when we see posters that we see as unbiased, it is more or less least biased but probably more accurate just those who are thinking more about what they say rather than just the ability to say it.  Think that is something the media especially needs to start learning as their "articles for hits" tend to always come at someone else's expense and the expense of logic which is never a good thing.  In no way should people not have their fiery opinions come out, and they should be stated, just find a better way to say them.  George Orwell was a pretty big advocate of using your words and your speech effectively. 

Oh and Rainbird.

Around the Network

Procrastinato

NJ5

CGI-Quality

Zucas

one's that are very level Headed

Or

There  the one's most likely to  Have 

A HEAD with a

balanced on their Head/

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Reasonable is unbiased as far as I can see. Anyone who has more than 10,000 posts is biased to some degree, the more prolific posters tend to have a lot more to say and bias is the reason why they want to convey their opinion.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

crap i forgot about twistedpixel. he's up there with selnor for bias.

Definitely me.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:
Reasonable is the member I hold in the highest regard on this field. We certainly have a fair share of people who looks beyond what hardware they're playing on though, although that doesn't mean people won't have preferences. Khuutra, d21lewis, CGI, just to mention some (God I hope someone says my name )

I think Rainbird is the most balanced poster here (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Aaaawwww... I would have settled for someone saying 'Rainbird', but you put my name in a sentence!

I'm so happy

I'll say your name if you say mine and post the banjo GIF.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective