By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Most balanced/unbiased poster on this site?

Twistedpixel said:
Reasonable is unbiased as far as I can see. Anyone who has more than 10,000 posts is biased to some degree, the more prolific posters tend to have a lot more to say and bias is the reason why they want to convey their opinion.

Well sometimes.  But there are a lot of people who know how to say a lot without saying anything at all.  And that can be taken two ways: either they just aren't saying things that are intended to display passionate feelings on issues, or they just really like pissing Orwell off in constructing arguments that are the equivalent of hot air.  So more posts, doesn't always have to mean more need to convey opinions that are necessarily biased, but could mean other things as well. 

Around the Network

I try my best not to look at people as constructions of biases; every person, when engaged and spoken to civilly, can respond in kind and have a thoughtful discussion on almost any topic.

Like I said many times their is no one unbiased..And basically when someone say he is neutral or not biased they are the most biased..

It is like watching a football, basket, Ice Hockey match with two national teams. You may say you don't really care who wins but when you watch it you will always have a team as an favourite...Can be the team of a small country and you hope it wins because it would be nice a small country can beat a big one, or because you had a friend who came from that country etc...

Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:
Reasonable is the member I hold in the highest regard on this field. We certainly have a fair share of people who looks beyond what hardware they're playing on though, although that doesn't mean people won't have preferences. Khuutra, d21lewis, CGI, just to mention some (God I hope someone says my name )

I think Rainbird is the most balanced poster here (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Aaaawwww... I would have settled for someone saying 'Rainbird', but you put my name in a sentence!

I'm so happy

I'll say your name if you say mine and post the banjo GIF.

Kantor is not on my list.

Rainbird said:
Kantor said:
Rainbird said:
Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:
Reasonable is the member I hold in the highest regard on this field. We certainly have a fair share of people who looks beyond what hardware they're playing on though, although that doesn't mean people won't have preferences. Khuutra, d21lewis, CGI, just to mention some (God I hope someone says my name )

I think Rainbird is the most balanced poster here (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Aaaawwww... I would have settled for someone saying 'Rainbird', but you put my name in a sentence!

I'm so happy

I'll say your name if you say mine and post the banjo GIF.

Kantor is not on my list.

Rainbird needs to buy Braid.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

I would say myself

as most biased/unbalanced.....tied with rolstoppable.

Twistedpixel said:
Reasonable is unbiased as far as I can see. Anyone who has more than 10,000 posts is biased to some degree, the more prolific posters tend to have a lot more to say and bias is the reason why they want to convey their opinion.

I would disagree. Nobody hits 10,000 posts by being extremely biased (everybody is biased, yes, everybody), because extreme bias leads to trolling, which leads to banning, and please nobody bring up Leo-J, he cheated

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I say Highwaystar. He doesn't ever even talk about games as far as I can tell and i'm not even sure he's ever played one.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what console or company he favors.

Seriously though... i'd say there are plenty of people who have very little bias.

Zucas said:
Twistedpixel said:

Well sometimes.  But there are a lot of people who know how to say a lot without saying anything at all.  And that can be taken two ways: either they just aren't saying things that are intended to display passionate feelings on issues, or they just really like pissing Orwell off in constructing arguments that are the equivalent of hot air.  So more posts, doesn't always have to mean more need to convey opinions that are necessarily biased, but could mean other things as well. 

For anyone to really be considered unbiased in a console sense, the average poster ought to be unable to tell what consoles the person owns without any external help. So in this case I wouldn't really know what consoles you own Zucas so for that part of the test you've passed. However I know that CGI_Quality definately owns a PS3 however im not sure what other consoles he owns. He has to be considered as biased towards the PS3 due to the sheer number of threads he creates in relation to the console and how hes prolific in PS3 related threads. In addition to this, I notice that Seece has raised complaints about his 'bias' and he seems more Xbox 360 orientated. The mark of someone who is truely unbiased even if favouring consoles owned vs not owned is that the person not raising the ire of people who own other consoles.

I suspect people in this thread are confusing bias with agreeability.

But yeah, more posts may mean a lot of things, I was considering the possibility that fewer posts meant that every post has more consideration placed upon them.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Twistedpixel said:
Zucas said:
Twistedpixel said:

For anyone to really be considered unbiased in a console sense, the average poster ought to be unable to tell what consoles the person owns without any external help. So in this case I wouldn't really know what consoles you own Zucas so for that part of the test you've passed. However I know that CGI_Quality definately owns a PS3 however im not sure what other consoles he owns. He has to be considered as biased towards the PS3 due to the sheer number of threads he creates in relation to the console and how hes prolific in PS3 related threads. In addition to this, I notice that Seece has raised complaints about his 'bias' and he seems more Xbox 360 orientated. The mark of someone who is truely unbiased even if favouring consoles owned vs not owned is that the person not raising the ire of people who own other consoles.

I suspect people in this thread are confusing bias with agreeability.

But yeah, more posts may mean a lot of things, I was considering the possibility that fewer posts meant that every post has more consideration placed upon them.

What if the person raises the ire of EVERY console group.  I like to consider myself pretty unbiased if only because I've been called a Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo fanboy each multiple times.