By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Most balanced/unbiased poster on this site?

Twistedpixel said:

For anyone to really be considered unbiased in a console sense, the average poster ought to be unable to tell what consoles the person owns without any external help. So in this case I wouldn't really know what consoles you own Zucas so for that part of the test you've passed. However I know that CGI_Quality definately owns a PS3 however im not sure what other consoles he owns. He has to be considered as biased towards the PS3 due to the sheer number of threads he creates in relation to the console and how hes prolific in PS3 related threads. In addition to this, I notice that Seece has raised complaints about his 'bias' and he seems more Xbox 360 orientated. The mark of someone who is truely unbiased even if favouring consoles owned vs not owned is that the person not raising the ire of people who own other consoles.

I suspect people in this thread are confusing bias with agreeability.

But yeah, more posts may mean a lot of things, I was considering the possibility that fewer posts meant that every post has more consideration placed upon them.

This is harder than it sounds, since one can rise ire even without saying anything that is, in itself, inherently biased. I've been called a hater of almost every single camp during my time here because I failed to tout the party line at one point or another.

Around the Network

KAAAAAAASZ

You will suffer greatly for this theft of my spiiiiiiiel!

I'm definitely leaning towards Cleverbot as the most unbiased:

Smeags: Are you unbiased?
Cleverbot: Yes. I'm very disturbed.

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

I forgot about theprof and highwaystar, good balance there.

I think Mafoo is pretty video game unbiased, since I've never seen him talk about a videogame before. Politically, yes he may be a little bit slanted in his views.

This is way more popular that I thought it would be.

Edit: Dammit! I forgot Khuutra, he almost seems like a pseudo-mod as it is.

slowburn said:
I thought CGI-Quality was biased towards PS3

All I know is that it ain't me

Well its not me, but CGI-Quality's post have always felt like they were the most biased to me. Maybe hes changed recently but I tend to skip the majority of his posts because they usually have something irrelevant in them about the PS3.

Around the Network

Well, I think anyone who expresses their opinions will be perceived as biased by others at some point but I would have to say I find Khuutra and d21lewis among the most balanced posters on this site.

Catlana said:
Boutros said:

letsatdark is quite unbiased considering he owns all three consoles + well he's unbiased

He might be a little RPG biased though ;) lol

Yeah, letsatdark is one of the more unbiased folks for consoles. I would label him as a good rpg advocate thou.

Thanks both of you ;) 

Yep, I don't deny that I have a preference for RPG's, of every kind, as they are my favourite genre of games, has been since I was a little kid. I tend not to under-evaluate or skip games from other genres though, since there are gems to be found everywhere.

My personal choice for most unbiased member balances between Reasonable, Khuutra, Zucas, Cougarman, Xen and Highwaystar. The majority of their posts should be the guidelines for proper behaviour and conversation in the forums, even when sensitive topics ensue.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Not me.

I think CGI Quality is a good cantidate though.

Kasz216 said:

I say Highwaystar. He doesn't ever even talk about games as far as I can tell and i'm not even sure he's ever played one.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what console or company he favors.

Seriously though... i'd say there are plenty of people who have very little bias.

Wow, computer games, that takes me back.

I don't think I've bought a new game in years, the last new game I bought was Smash Bros Brawl the day it came out. Though, I've bought a few second hand games for my PSP when I got that last summer; and my girlfriend bought me a Dreamcast for Christmas, but I haven't played it yet.

I mainly stay for off topic now.

-edit-

In lots of off topic subjects discussed on this site I would say I'm fairly bias.

Some dude that doesn't own a Wii, PS3, or 360.