By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War III - NO BULLSHOTS, BEST GRAPHICS EVER

i watched all the Videos that came with the God of War collection and i remember a Interview with a Guy at E3 saying: "Why would i buy a PS3 now, when i can get that kind of performance out of my PS2" talking about God of War 2

...now, we don't need a PS4

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
i watched all the Videos that came with the God of War collection and i remember a Interview with a Guy at E3 saying: "Why would i buy a PS3 now, when i can get that kind of performance out of my PS2" talking about God of War 2

...now, we don't need a PS4

well maybe not as soon for people to upgrade that is:

my take is this generation may infact have a longer lifespan than previus generation's

example:

think about this for a sec..people I have seen think the PS3 will have a short life thn that of the PS2 they seem to think 60 to 80 million system's world wide LTD. but see that's the problem..If you look at the past as a trend of say the PS2 era and the XBOX or game cube era as the defacto standard on how sale's would go, say peak year's. than you may be missing one very BIG  overlooked problem.

what will the new systems released have over these current systems except upgraded hardware?

that's the big problem!

take for instance say the new xbox720 or PS4 or what ever its called get's released, what will they offer that will greatly differ on the game experience over the current systems?

My Opinion , not much of anything.

current system  

current systems

Wii

playstation 3

xbox360

all have social network's, they all have online store's, all have capability to do non gaming function's, all have or will have motion controll's, and have pretty great game's.

so exactly when the new system's get released what will set them apart over the current systems, where many people will rush right out and buy the new system. If anything I think Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft know that from here on out just like the PC industry they will have no choice but to keep their current system's on the shelf longer than previous generation systems, and keep production of them due to the fact that they will keep selling.

If anything you may see New games that are released for the new systems be playable on the older current systems, say with maybe less DLC or lower resolution, because the development cost's are so high that the developer's and publisher's want to make as much money as they can. just look at how many games that are from the PS1 era that have been redone or have little improvement and are veing resold online in PSN or XBL or Wii chn. Gamer's are buying and it show's there is a demand.

So do you think these current systems will have a shorter lifespan of support or greater lifespan?

I think that's the problem, well not so much as a problem because new software can be made for the hardware not the other way arround, I t just mean's there is going to more reason for the consumer to keep playing with the current system's and less of a reason to hurry up and upgrade.

thus bring's up the Big point. IF more an more developer's and this pertains to all development but 3rd party esp. have to go multi-platform in the future, because of cost's than which does the main system creator spend more of their money inhouse or in most cases to get only a timed exclusive with a 3rd party or spend even more money to make it a full on exclusive.this is only in my Opinion going to get worse in the future because does anyone think that Nintendo's new system will not be an HD Supportted system?

the current enviroment in Consumer entertainment is HD esp. in the United States its being pushed because of the new switch to digital standard.

all these thing's combined point's toward less and less of a reason for the consumer to hurry up and run out and upgrade , unless there is SOFTWARE that like alway's drives the sole reason to get the machine in the first place. and NEW IP'S being created to be future FRANCHISES is the real strength on making a strong foundation for your system to be built on.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

libellule said:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jvn.com%2Fjeux%2Farticles%2Fgod-of-war-iii-en-test-dans-psm3.html&sl=fr&tl=en

orgasm ?

20/20 right ?

According to the editorial: "simply one of the best games of all time!" No less. La rédaction en rajoute une couche : « La scène d'intro passée vous resterez pétrifié de plaisir d'avoir enfin pu croiser le regard de Méduse, la Gorgone . Oubliez la démo, qui vous fera presque pitié, oubliez tout ce que vous avez vu jusqu'alors, car même le grand Nathan Drake va vaciller. The editors added a layer: "The intro scene of past you will remain paralyzed with pleasure to finally have been able to cross the eyes of Medusa the Gorgon. Forget the demo, you will almost pity, forget everything you saw until then, because even the great Nathan Drake will falter. Le dieu de la guerre a frappé de toute sa puissance sur PS3 et après lui, il n'y aura plus que le chaos. » The god of war has hit all his power on the PS3 and after him there will be only chaos. "

Hi everybody !

An accurate summary of this article should be :

- The "20" means the date the PSM3 magazine is out, not the mark ;)

- They say that "it is one of the best game EVER !"

- "Forget about the demo (the E3 one, I guess...), which is almost pitiful (compared to the retail version...). Forget everything you have seen before, because even the great Nathan Drake is about to be overthrown. The God of War has struck with all his power on the PS3, and after him there only will be chaos"

;)

Just a few comment :

- This magazine is also known to be the one which has awarded a 21/20 to U2 !

- Although it is an independant magazine, I must admit that sometimes, they are a little bit fanboys about the PS3 (I read them from time to time)

In conclusion, for sure GOW3 will be epic, but do not pay to much attention to the bunch of superlatives :)

CGI-Quality said:

Well, NowGamer agrees with them.

Well I don't deny it :)

Epic.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
tristess said:
libellule said:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jvn.com%2Fjeux%2Farticles%2Fgod-of-war-iii-en-test-dans-psm3.html&sl=fr&tl=en

orgasm ?

20/20 right ?

According to the editorial: "simply one of the best games of all time!" No less. La rédaction en rajoute une couche : « La scène d'intro passée vous resterez pétrifié de plaisir d'avoir enfin pu croiser le regard de Méduse, la Gorgone . Oubliez la démo, qui vous fera presque pitié, oubliez tout ce que vous avez vu jusqu'alors, car même le grand Nathan Drake va vaciller. The editors added a layer: "The intro scene of past you will remain paralyzed with pleasure to finally have been able to cross the eyes of Medusa the Gorgon. Forget the demo, you will almost pity, forget everything you saw until then, because even the great Nathan Drake will falter. Le dieu de la guerre a frappé de toute sa puissance sur PS3 et après lui, il n'y aura plus que le chaos. » The god of war has hit all his power on the PS3 and after him there will be only chaos. "

Hi everybody !

An accurate summary of this article should be :

- The "20" means the date the PSM3 magazine is out, not the mark ;)

- They say that "it is one of the best game EVER !"

- "Forget about the demo (the E3 one, I guess...), which is almost pitiful (compared to the retail version...). Forget everything you have seen before, because even the great Nathan Drake is about to be overthrown. The God of War has struck with all his power on the PS3, and after him there only will be chaos"

;)

Just a few comment :

- This magazine is also known to be the one which has awarded a 21/20 to U2 !

- Although it is an independant magazine, I must admit that sometimes, they are a little bit fanboys about the PS3 (I read them from time to time)

In conclusion, for sure GOW3 will be epic, but do not pay to much attention to the bunch of superlatives :)

Well, NowGamer agrees with them.

And Hip-Hop Gamer.

hip hop gamer ftw!

In The End , There Will Be Only Chaos

hope when the game arrives...all said was worth it.

This game Graphicly will compete with Uncharted 2, Wow between Mass Effect 2, Heavy Rain comming, then God of War 3 hitting , I am going to be stationed on the couch, I will need a small frig, a bucket, and food, I will be set, to bad I can't take a month off from work. Dam

They say it blows Uncharted 2 away

mM