By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Im getting it day one or ... 143 56.52%

Naaaw not my thing, not g... 35 13.83%

Maybe - reviews/meta/play... 53 20.95%

The griffins name is Andy 3 1.19%

The griffins name is Stewie 4 1.58%

What is The Last Guardian? 15 5.93%

Total:253

I thought the originals weren't that good. They were very arty and the controls were terrible. I cannot stand terrible controls and even if this game has great controls its still an experience that I will probably only want to have once and that doesn't justify a $60 purchase. I would rather buy a game which has replayability. So I'll probably just rent it on Gamefly and move on. Im just not convinced by the whole 'game as art' phenomenom. It simply doesn't work as well as other mediums.

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
I thought the originals weren't that good. They were very arty and the controls were terrible. I cannot stand terrible controls and even if this game has great controls its still an experience that I will probably only want to have once and that doesn't justify a $60 purchase. I would rather buy a game which has replayability. So I'll probably just rent it on Gamefly and move on. Im just not convinced by the whole 'game as art' phenomenom. It simply doesn't work as well as other mediums.

are u saying ICO or SOTC dont have replayability?

i'm definitely interested but as i never had a ps2 i'm a bit more interested in a ps3 re-release of Ico and SotC.

Interested - yes
buying - probably

I think ICO was a pretty good game and Shadow of the Colossus was okay. Great from an artistic point of view, but everything else was "only" decent.

This game will share the same fate as Demon Souls. A great game but will start off slow with late hear say and great fanfare leading it to proper sales. In all truth this game has had far more exposure than any other Team ICO game, so I tip my hat to them.

Around the Network

Interested? Sure. I never played the first 2 games, so I'd like to try those first, but I'm sure I'll give it a whirl down the road a piece.

Xxain said:
WilliamWatts said:

Not to me. The controls were crap so it didn't even have playability.

WilliamWatts said:
Xxain said:
WilliamWatts said:

Not to me. The controls were crap so it didn't even have playability.

Wait...what? The game was so focused on gameplay that it barely had a storyline. Are you sure you played this game?

Anybody not playing SotC right now should know it's always selling on amazon.

New too.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

i bought a PS3 for this game, i think that answers your question.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.