By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Im getting it day one or ... 143 56.52%

Naaaw not my thing, not g... 35 13.83%

Maybe - reviews/meta/play... 53 20.95%

The griffins name is Andy 3 1.19%

The griffins name is Stewie 4 1.58%

What is The Last Guardian? 15 5.93%

Total:253
c03n3nj0 said:
Anybody not playing SotC right now should know it's always selling on amazon.

New too.

I know, why why why did you take out BC, Sony?!?!

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WilliamWatts said:
Xxain said:
WilliamWatts said:
I thought the originals weren't that good. They were very arty and the controls were terrible. I cannot stand terrible controls and even if this game has great controls its still an experience that I will probably only want to have once and that doesn't justify a $60 purchase. I would rather buy a game which has replayability. So I'll probably just rent it on Gamefly and move on. Im just not convinced by the whole 'game as art' phenomenom. It simply doesn't work as well as other mediums.

are u saying ICO or SOTC dont have replayability?

Not to me. The controls were crap so it didn't even have playability.

Wait...what? The game was so focused on gameplay that it barely had a storyline. Are you sure you played this game?

I played it. It was a typical PS2/PS1 game in that the controls were arse, the frame-rate was poor and the visuals were muddy. Current generation titles have improved significantly in these areas. If the PS2 controls/framerate for typical games wasn't so arse the Wii wouldn't have been so successful. The PS2 drove me to the Wii in search of better and more manageable controls. In short it was a terrible game for anyone less than a dedicated console gamer. I was very much into PC games at the time I played it so my tolerance for such flaws was very limited and it still is.

WilliamWatts said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WilliamWatts said:
Xxain said:
WilliamWatts said:
I thought the originals weren't that good. They were very arty and the controls were terrible. I cannot stand terrible controls and even if this game has great controls its still an experience that I will probably only want to have once and that doesn't justify a $60 purchase. I would rather buy a game which has replayability. So I'll probably just rent it on Gamefly and move on. Im just not convinced by the whole 'game as art' phenomenom. It simply doesn't work as well as other mediums.

are u saying ICO or SOTC dont have replayability?

Not to me. The controls were crap so it didn't even have playability.

Wait...what? The game was so focused on gameplay that it barely had a storyline. Are you sure you played this game?

I played it. It was a typical PS2/PS1 game in that the controls were arse, the frame-rate was poor and the visuals were muddy. Current generation titles have improved significantly in these areas. If the PS2 controls/framerate for typical games wasn't so arse the Wii wouldn't have been so successful. The PS2 drove me to the Wii in search of better and more manageable controls. In short it was a terrible game for anyone less than a dedicated console gamer. I was very much into PC games at the time I played it so my tolerance for such flaws was very limited and it still is.

thats a wholelot of bull in this post.....oh nvm PC gamer.makes sense

I don't know at all yet but I found both Ico and Shadow of the Colossus boring as hell so I doubt that this game is made for me.

It depends. If this is going to a Zelda ripoff, I'm in.

If not, I need to see reviews.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I'm not even the least bit interested in the game. The only thing I know is that it's made by team ICO...a crew whose first two games I did not like. And we have seen absolutely NOTHING from the game other than a trailer which tells me nothing about how the game works.

I'm gonna have to see some trailers, watch some in game, and read some reviews before I become interested.

I'm not. It doesn't seem speacial at all from what I've seen of it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

coming from somebody that doesnt even like ZELDA im not at all shocked

outlawauron said:

.....You're on the list.

Xxain said:
outlawauron said:

coming from somebody that doesnt even like ZELDA im not at all shocked

oh shite I don't like Zelda either...I didn't know the two games were like each other at all.