By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Im getting it day one or ... 143 56.52%

Naaaw not my thing, not g... 35 13.83%

Maybe - reviews/meta/play... 53 20.95%

The griffins name is Andy 3 1.19%

The griffins name is Stewie 4 1.58%

What is The Last Guardian? 15 5.93%

Total:253
nordlead said:
I only know about it because of all the Sony fans on this website praising shadow of the colossus, but I really don't know anything about the game. I want to read some reviews and learn more about the gameplay, but since I have no known release date for it, I haven't looked into it at all.

Psh.  It's not just Sony fans doing the praising!  You'll find khuutra, onyxmeth, naznatips, and many others are all big Team ICO fans. Even j0 just  a few posts above me has Shadow of the Colossus in his sig!

Team ICO are universally loved by decent, respectable individuals.

Around the Network

Not interested. I found Ico and SotC boring.

Looking back to the reasons I got again into videogames when I bought a PS3, the reason with most weight was the thought that a possible Japan Studio sequel could be conceived. Months later this wish was revealed to be true. I bought a PS3 to play this game.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

I'm interested in it, and I will get it as soon as I've played Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Probably I should say, there's this thing called money, and I'm currently lacking it.

Torillian said:
Sure there are, people without PS3's, people who didn't like Ico and SotC for whatever reason, people who don't venture outside of preferred genres and other people who have no soul.

Fixed that for you.

Around the Network

I will most likely get it day one. It all depends on what games come out around it, though. If infamous 2, Arkham asylum 2, and force unleashed 2 come out this year I will be a happy camper.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

I'm not getting it both because I don't have a PS3 yet and also because I'm just not obsessed with the developers previous games. I've played ICO and Shadow of the Colossus but in both cases, while the games were interesting, they weren't something I obsessed over.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Ok, here is the real question: WHO is the last Guardian?

The Boy or the Beast?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

This game is the main reason I bought a PS3 Slim.

nordlead said:
I only know about it because of all the Sony fans on this website praising shadow of the colossus, but I really don't know anything about the game. I want to read some reviews and learn more about the gameplay, but since I have no known release date for it, I haven't looked into it at all.

Yeah, I'll have to second makingmusic's comment, it's not Sony fans on this website that praise the game. I honestly don't like Sony's first parties that much (from what I've played so far, probably because it's mainly western stuff, this gen seems to lack SCEJ), but Team Ico's stuff is something else. It's not unlike Zelda - there are some fans of that series who don't like much from Nintendo otherwise.