By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Is there anybody NOT getting/interested in The Last Guardian?

Im getting it day one or ... 143 56.52%

Naaaw not my thing, not g... 35 13.83%

Maybe - reviews/meta/play... 53 20.95%

The griffins name is Andy 3 1.19%

The griffins name is Stewie 4 1.58%

What is The Last Guardian? 15 5.93%

Total:253
Severance said:
1337 Gamer said:
Severance said:
thank you Xxain for making this thread , now i have lost respect to dozens of people.

Hence why i included ICO games.

lol not you , the guys know themselves.

im in ur ba- oh forget it.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
hikaruchan said:
Xxain said:
zuvuyeay said:
SOTC isn't like ICO at all,

or is it just me

apart from the artistic style

game design wise your right, but ICO and SOTC have lots of common elements.

Yes SOTC & ICO are very different game design wise but SOTC & ICO are set in the same game universe and SOTC is I believe a prequel to ICO and the Last Guardian is the sequel  and the last in the series. I can not what to get it first day I hope they remake SOTC & ICO in HD on PS3.

I have to correct this..it'll erk me if i dont.

Team ICO games are not some trilogy. ICO, SOTC, TLG are created to be stand alone titles that share common elements. you are right that SOTC is a prequel to ICO..but guess what? that was actually added about mid-way through the game development..so it wasnt initially intended. The Last Guardian as of now has NO connection to the previous titles and Fumito Ueda Xxpressed that it would actually impossible to connect them since there stories are so different( but like SOTC that can change..dont count on it though). The Last Guardian doesnt conclude anything....instead of thinking trilogy think Legend of Zelda where each game may( or may not) take place in the same time era but share lots of elements, art and theme but arnt always directly related to each other.

yes i agree with you that they are from the same world,but i think people who maybe didn't like ICO should of played SOTC,

it did puzzle me on why SOTC wasn't bigger(do we know how many it sold WW) as i thought the majority of people liked Boss fight type games and in my opinion SOTC has some of the best boss fights ever

i guess something didn't click though,maybe they got lonely,someone earlier said it was linear,i'm not too sure about that,more like search and destroy

Above & Beyond

i also wonder what type of game we will have in the last guardian,

will we get bosses like SOTC,i hope so,i can only assume we will be saving a girl,as it should be

Above & Beyond

I'm buying it ASAP.

4 ≈ One

Pristine20 said:
Definitely not my thing. SoTC and ICO looked really strange

I don't get it, how are they strange? ICO is a giant Zelda dungeon with a focus on your mysterious surroundings, except you have to guide a partner through it all. SotC is a massive world that you can explore with a ton of boss fights and nothing else, but they're the best boss fights you'll ever experience, and the most complete world you'll ever explore (waterfalls, open fields, mountains, lakes, deserts, geysers, forests, caves, canyons, rivers, ancient ruins).

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Around the Network

Whoever thinks Shadow of the Colossus sucked is not a human being, but a beast....

WilliamWatts said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WilliamWatts said:
Xxain said:
WilliamWatts said:
I thought the originals weren't that good. They were very arty and the controls were terrible. I cannot stand terrible controls and even if this game has great controls its still an experience that I will probably only want to have once and that doesn't justify a $60 purchase. I would rather buy a game which has replayability. So I'll probably just rent it on Gamefly and move on. Im just not convinced by the whole 'game as art' phenomenom. It simply doesn't work as well as other mediums.

are u saying ICO or SOTC dont have replayability?

Not to me. The controls were crap so it didn't even have playability.

Wait...what? The game was so focused on gameplay that it barely had a storyline. Are you sure you played this game?

I played it. It was a typical PS2/PS1 game in that the controls were arse, the frame-rate was poor and the visuals were muddy. Current generation titles have improved significantly in these areas. If the PS2 controls/framerate for typical games wasn't so arse the Wii wouldn't have been so successful. The PS2 drove me to the Wii in search of better and more manageable controls. In short it was a terrible game for anyone less than a dedicated console gamer. I was very much into PC games at the time I played it so my tolerance for such flaws was very limited and it still is.

Ok...name a typical PS2 game that reminded you of SOTC. I am calling bullshit.

Torillian said:
Acevil said:
Torillian said:
Sure there are, people without PS3's, people who didn't like Ico and SotC for whatever reason, people who don't venture outside of preferred genres and people who have no soul.

I consider not having a soul a blessing!

Personally not really looking forward to this one. 

It certainly makes life easier whenever circumstances force you to drown puppies or light a kitten on fire.

I think I just peed myself after reading this comment

OT: I dunno, I loved ICO, never finished SotC, but still think its great. Still, the Trailer didnt convinced me yet that there is a whole lot more from the third game than what we got from the first two, in HD.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

It really depends..
I mean that big creature looks kind of awkward, Doesn't look like the type of RPG i would enjoy but i would definitely like to see some gameplay, how its presented and how its gameplay mechanic works.
The adventure does seem interesting, the trailer kind of shows that its a really big adventure and lots to discover.
The thing am worried about is that if its just Dungeon Crawling with no monsters around and Purely puzzles then NO WAY! haha

I am very uninterested. It just isin't appealing to me to see a kid run around with a creature.