By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: PS3's global install base is ~30 million, overtracked on VGC?

Demotruk said:
psrock said:
lol, at the first 4 post.

I think PS3 fans are pretty calm, but if some of you want a meltdown, keep trying, this is not enough.

Short memory?

sure, I don't know you.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

31.65 is a 5.5% increase from 30.

Don't you think "5.5%" qualifies as "approximately"?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I think all of them are over tracked tbh. But I use this site more for news then sales anyways.

If you guys want to go based by wording, when I hear someone say "We're near this amount sold" usually to me it means they are close to selling that amount. In this case, Sony has is close to finally hit 30 millions PS3 sold to customers.

On the other hand, if they have had said "We have sold over 30 millions to customers" then that means they have officially sold 30 millions.

Conclusion: PS3 = overtracked!

@ soonerman: weird how you read "near" when it hasn't been said at all in the quote :s

Around the Network

I know these company's supposedly hate fanboys, but they don't do much to calm the waters, why can't they just come out with a solid figure!!

Seece said:
I know these company's supposedly hate fanboys, but they don't do much to calm the waters, why can't they just come out with a solid figure!!

33.5 million shipped by end of 2009. That's as solid as the numbers get, anything else is on the softer side.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

It is likely a citation of sell through figures against shipment figures through December 31, 2009.

PS3 sell through was roughly 30m through Dec, and they are saying 500k in the stated region.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

It is likely a citation of sell through figures against shipment figures through December 31, 2009.

PS3 sell through was roughly 30m through Dec, and they are saying 500k in the stated region.

watch everybody ignore you

Popcorn....check
Soda....check
let the entertianment begin....this thread will get good for about 15-20 pages!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder