By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB PS3 sells 50,000 in first day in Japan

If true, its a much better start than the "reported 40k sales" (all inclusive).

I'm not sure how "weekly sales figures" jump after 1 day of sales though? Because it launched on Sunday - last day of the week?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

*OkeyDokey: It had better first day sells.

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PS3_outsells_Wii_by_2_1_this_week_in_Japan/who

just wait for wii fit.

@ --OkayDokay-- )

We are comparing first day sales here - DW6 released on a sunday , so only it's first day sales go into this weeks sales data ,while SMG (like 99% of the other games) released on a thursday ,that's why it's first week contains 4 days of sales ...

You do agree with me ,that a first week vs first week comparism isn't fair in this case , right?

Around the Network
Tetsuo Shima said:
Almost 70k. Solid. Where is John who claims PS3 can't outsell Wii in Japan. He appears as some kind of guru here.

Even "gurus" have off days. I've been wrong before.

Let's see if this lasts. THAT'S what's important. I has to be sustained, never forget.

Congratulations for the PS3 nonetheless.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

so is this true or not?? ithought the 40 just got released sunday they have these numbers already..??

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

yea it released on sunday and I think it's perfectly normal to have data now ,for we always have first day sales data for thursday releases on friday

66k ? and is sold out? Great for ps3. This might be able to make them overtake the 360 in Total world wide sales. Aot of people bought ps3's in North ameria, I expect 70k.

mM
leo-j said:
66k ? and is sold out? Great for ps3. This might be able to make them overtake the 360 in Total world wide sales. Aot of people bought ps3's in North ameria, I expect 70k.

The new data for America Hardware is on the front page now, ps3 did 63k in america

Wii almost 200k, without galaxy yet... WOW! 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"