By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB PS3 sells 50,000 in first day in Japan

The real question is, how long will it last?

Around the Network

IF it's true, I have to congratulate Sony. Just after a mediocre Mario Galaxy launch, such a turnaround. WTG Sony!

if its true then those numbers are good for ps3

I'll wait until the numbers are not preliminary, but until then, IF this is true then, GO SONY! If not, then oh well. I don't really trust whatever site this links to anyway, but they could be right. There's just too many conflicting reports.

So we have multiple figures here, including uncertain preliminary Japan numbers.

Hey, it´s starting to get funny!

Around the Network

I think that if true it's definately good news for Sony but aren't people getting a little carried away with a market, which going off last weeks numbers represents around 12% of this gens home console hardware market?

Hus said:

Grow up and stop trolling.

don't you guys remember the quotes from famitsu that says the 40 gig was not flying off shelves, and there was nobody in line early. It said it was selling well but not spectacular. I think those are in the other thread.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

According to a NeoGAF regular, PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6's first day sales has beaten the first day sales of Mario Galaxy @ 170K (vs 130K) for Japan!

If correct, IMO don't count out the PS3 for Japan just yet with games like MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, White Knight Story, FF XIII and many other important games coming for the platform!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

BTW wasn't Heavenly Sword to be released this week in Japan as well? I hope it does well, God of War didn't do that well in Japan compared to Europe and the US and this game is more tactical and complex than God of War.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Found in another VGChartz thread:

"The PS3 [all models] sold 65,000 units during the second week of November, showing substantial growth from the 16,000 units during the first week," said Katayama. The sales exceeded forecasts by more than 50 per cent.

An eagerly-awaited new game for the PS3, Dynasty Warriors 6, sold 180,000 copies during the week, indicating that owners have not lost interest in the console, according to figures from local research firm Media Create."

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2203349/ps3-back-brink-analysts-say

Sounds good!

PS3 vs 360 sales