By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB PS3 sells 50,000 in first day in Japan

@ Words Of Wisdom )

gamer.tm uses gamefront.de as source for their news aswell - not an independend report

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ Words Of Wisdom )

gamer.tm uses gamefront.de as source for their news aswell - not an independend report

Yeah, I figured one was tied to the other so I mentioned both.

The PS3 outselling the Wii for a week (Or a month!) means nothing. The PS3 is so far behind it would have to demolish the Wii for a year to even catch up. The PS3 is competing for 2nd place, end of.

ah, I c , I thought you had tried to make it seem as if there were 2 independend reports that said ~36k vs one which seemingly says 50k , although I'm quite sure ,that the guy who made that blog only saw "wow 50k more this week , this must be the 40GB" and didn't realize ,that 20GB+60GB will profit from DW6 releasing that week aswell ...

Impressive

Around the Network

Let's see how long this trend continues. This is because of the new low price model correct? Then there is a chance that this will last some two-three weeks before reaching lower levels, but then again, it'll be december by that point, so we may not see a drop until after the holidays. We'll see how demand behaves over the next two weeks.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I agree with Lafiel, it looks like 50k was taken from subtracting 16k (average PS3 sales as the author states) from 66k (which are this week's sales) sales. Of course those aren't official numbers and Famitusu/MC/Vgchartz can be a little different but my guess is that PS3 will be around 66k this week.

Premature ejaculation.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I think it's more than impressive (note: it's day one sale, not full week, although it propably was the most sales of the week), it's amazing. I would have expected less units sold for the whole week. But let's wait and see what the offial numbers look like.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Many expected Wii to return to 75K+ figures after the release of SMG. Unfortunately SMG is no longer a killer app in Japan. That crown belongs to SSBB and WiiFit.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>