Seeing how MK8 came out well over a year ago by now, I was starting to wonder about what's in store for Mario Kart 9. If the NX is a console or something resembling one, it is likely that MK9 will be another step up from previous installments, and will likely include some big steps forward in various areas. And since the only thing people enjoy more than Mario Kart is talking/complaining about it, I'm guessing we mostly will have our two cents.
Here are a few questions that you may want to answer.
- What new mechanic would you like to see introduced to the series? In the past few years, these have included tricks, vehicle categories and customization, gliding and underwater segments, and antigravity.
- What new characters would you like to be able to race as? Are there any return appearences from older games you want? Anyone whio should be kicked off the roster?
- How about items? What kinds of items should be introduced, returned, or removed from the game?
- What new courses would you like to see? these could be based on Mario settings or a single mechanic. Is there anything these should focus on compared to the past couple of games?
- What about Retro tracks? By now, many of the older tracks in the series have already been remade. MK64 and MKDD in particular has seen 29 of their combined 32 courses remade by now. Should Nintendo's strategy with Retro courses change?
- What new modes what improve Mario Kart?
I will give my answers in a post below, but feel free to start answering these questions, or coming up with better ideas than I listed.
Love and tolerate.