Quantcast
The end of Touch Generations? Hasta la vista, stylus!

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The end of Touch Generations? Hasta la vista, stylus!

Vinther1991 said:

Elite Beat Agents
Meteos
Mario Maker
The World Ends with You
Picross
Professor Layton
Trauma Center
Picross
Hotel Dusk
Puzzle Quest
WarioWare
Theatrhythm

bye bye

WarioWare and TWEWY would be dead regardless..



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

New patent shows a stylus add-on for joycons... will the Touch Generations return in full force!?

Source

Even if this does not go through, we already had the passive Super Mario Maker 2 touch pen.

And remember that Brain Training came back a few days ago.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QusYYL9fs

Touch Generations never left ^^

Last edited by TomaTito - on 20 January 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Brain training maybe but the brand itself died in 2011. The website shut down. I could not be more glad the Wii/DS era is dead. I didn't hate it but compared to Switch era it feels like the dark ages in comparison.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Will the Pen lead to Art Academy bring a 10 million sellers in their next game?!?! Stay tuned for next time on DRAGON. BALL. Z!!!

Dee da dee da da da da do da



TomaTito said:

New patent shows a stylus add-on for joycons... will the Touch Generations return in full force!?

Source

Even if this does not go through, we already had the passive Super Mario Maker 2 touch pen.

And remember that Brain Training came back a few days ago.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5QusYYL9fs

Touch Generations never left ^^

This seems silly to me..... I doubt it beats out just useing your finger when its this big clumsy attachment thing to a Switch Joy-con.
Also to have to pull one of these off, and attach a pen thingy to it... instead of just useing your finger, which for alot of smaller tasks will probably work just as fine, its best described as "silly".

Switch isnt a work station, or something a professional graphics designer would use, so it doesnt need serious tools.
Avg joe smoe, and kids with a switch wont need such a device imo (which is the vast majority of switch owners).

That "brain training" switch kid app, where it showed a stylus with a cheaper Dr Mario clone.... could have been played with your fingers or joycon controllers just as well right?



Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Will the Pen lead to Art Academy bring a 10 million sellers in their next game?!?! Stay tuned for next time on DRAGON. BALL. Z!!!

Dee da dee da da da da do da

Sometimes its possible to "over design" something.
That joy-con + stylus thingy looks like a monstrosity, that ll probably not even messure up to just useing your finger.



JRPGfan said:

This seems silly to me..... I doubt it beats out just useing your finger when its this big clumsy attachment thing to a Switch Joy-con.
Also to have to pull one of these off, and attach a pen thingy to it... instead of just useing your finger, which for alot of smaller tasks will probably work just as fine, its best described as "silly".

Switch isnt a work station, or something a professional graphics designer would use, so it doesnt need serious tools.
Avg joe smoe, and kids with a switch wont need such a device imo (which is the vast majority of switch owners).

That "brain training" switch kid app, where it showed a stylus with a cheaper Dr Mario clone.... could have been played with your fingers or joycon controllers just as well right?

The joycon stylus does seem bulky. Eitherway, the WiiU wasn't a work station still Miiverse and later Art Academy added some serious tools for some serious artists.



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I used to have a girlfriend long ago, but not anymore so yeah, my touching days are over...

Oups, sorry I was thinking out loud. You did not read this!



.

He who has nothing to hide does not deserve to be called an individual.

Capitalism has convinced people to buy stuff they don't need with money they don't have to impress people who don't give a shit. (George Carlin)

You know if I necrobumped a three and a half year old thread, I'd get banned.



Snesboy said:
You know if I necrobumped a three and a half year old thread, I'd get banned.

Have you ever read the Forum Rules?



@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"