By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo announces Mistwalker developed The Last Story!

Mistwalker made the right choice in not staying up market and develop for the NDS and Wii. With big name publishers bleeding money developing for the 360 and PS3, a company as small as Mistwalker couldn't sustain making 360 games with their sales trend. I'm curious if we could see Square-Enix shrink while Mistalkwer grow?

Around the Network
Innervate said:
Mistwalker made the right choice in not staying up market and develop for the NDS and Wii. With big name publishers bleeding money developing for the 360 and PS3, a company as small as Mistwalker couldn't sustain making 360 games with their sales trend. I'm curious if we could see Square-Enix shrink while Mistalkwer grow?

Naw, Square Enix is shrinking while Level-5' growing. <3

And to be fair, Mistwalker's kinda bombed on DS so far (ASH, Away, Blue Dragon spinoffs).  I doubt they lost money on 360 considering Microsoft bankrolled it all, but I agree it's not a stable home for them on their own (and PS3 wouldn't be much better).  I do still wish we'd gotten Cry-On before they called it quits though. :(

Thanks to Dragon Quest V I'm more of a lover of RPG's now. All these RPG's announcments has made me excited.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

I guess I was wrong.

Fantastic news for JRPG fans, not so much for me.. unless it mimics older Final Fantasies and not the new ones.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ha Good Job

Better  a good non HD RPG with good sales than a bad HD RPG for the 360 that won't sell.

Really a good choice.But they should have taken the money from M$

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Innervate said:

And to be fair, Mistwalker's kinda bombed on DS so far (ASH, Away, Blue Dragon spinoffs).  I doubt they lost money on 360 considering Microsoft bankrolled it all, but I agree it's not a stable home for them on their own (and PS3 wouldn't be much better).  I do still wish we'd gotten Cry-On before they called it quits though. :(

I'm sorry but I see square-enix growing more & more now with FF13 launching this year & them coming of the heels of the biggest Dragon Quest Ever.

And Did mistwalker develop those DS games?

I think this is mistwalkers first PROPER GAME, developed by THEM.....this will be EPIC!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ha! I knew The Last Story was gonna turn out to be something good.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Wow. All this announcements. It seems Nintendo and the Wii will own 2010.

I hope it's blatantly old school Final Fantasy like Lost Odyssey was, hopefully more like 4-6. That would be awesome, it would be like FF returning to a nintendo system.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

darthdevidem01 said:
jarrod said:
Innervate said:

I'm sorry but I see square-enix growing more & more now with FF13 launching this year & them coming of the heels of the biggest Dragon Quest Ever.

And Did mistwalker develop those DS games?

I think this is mistwalkers first PROPER GAME, developed by THEM.....this will be EPIC!

No, Mistwalker's not really a "full" developer per se... they're more a planning company.  Like Armor Project (of DQ fame) or Ape (of Mother fame) or Flagship (of RE fame).  They always work with subcontracted outside developers on their games.  Artoon did Blue Dragon & Away, Feelplus did Lost Odyssey, Racjin did ASH, Brownie Brown did BD Plus, tri-Crescendo did BD Awakened Shadow, Cavia was doing Cry-On (R.I.P.), and who knows who's developing The Last Story?