By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles OUTSELLS Lost Odyssey

smbu2000 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
kowenicki said:
why does this matter again?

shall we do a thread every time game x overtakes game y of the same genre on an opposing console.

pointless... but yeah congrats... or whatever.

ps. is calling a game "shitty" trolling? I would have thought it was.

Well this matters sorta, mainly because this effectively makes Valkyria Chronicles the best selling JRPG on HD consoles(other than FFXIII which hasnt released yet in US/EU). VC was toted heavily in these forums as being top notch JRPG and im glad to see it reflect a bit in sales.

You can't really say it's the best selling JRPG on HD systems as FF13 easily surpassed it (and LO's sales) even though it has only been released in one region and on one system. FF13 became the best selling JRPG on HD consoles the first day it was released in Japan.

You can't say that not being released in NA/EU would disqualify it as that actually makes what it has done so far even more impressive. Once it's released overseas it will have even greater sales as well.

Do you know how many JRPGs break or even get close to 1mill? not many. The only ones that do it consistantly is FF and DQ(talking big consoles here). Thats like saying we can't talk about Jr leagues cause we know the pros are better :/. We KNOW FF is going to outsell any and every JRPG this gen on HD consoles, thats a given. Why talk about what we know is inevitable? Trying to give some other very good games the spot light once in a while.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
ps3_jrpg_gamer said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejr6DGM3tks

imagine Selvaria being LO

LMAO thats getting owned(although you should put a spoiler tag 0_0). How I do love that scene........

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

kowenicki said:
@serpahic

That is a gazillion light years away from trolling... unnless you are looking for it and are hyper sensitive.

Comparing what I said to someone calling a game "shitty" is ridiclulous. Stop trying to cause trouble.

You're right, that wasn't trolling. If anyone is, it's Steroid. Game isn't that bad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Dgc1808 said:
That NPD posted was from November

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Valkyria+Chronicles+-+PS3[18897]&reg2=Japan&game2=Valkyria+Chronicles+-+PS3[18897]&reg3=All&game3=&weeks=113&weekly=1

Didn't anyone bother to look at that huge boost that happened recently AFTER November?

Well, the issue may come before then. NPD had VC at ~130k when VGC had it at (316/1.1 =) ~287k.

Erm. You know, it's not like I want to see this game perform badly, I love the game, and the team (I want SoA2!). If NPD really had it at 130k, though, it just doesn't look good. If the truth sucks, may as well get it over with now rather than later.

1 Lost Odyssey Microsoft N/A 7.5 9.7 0.82m 12th Feb 08 20th Jun 09
1 Valkyria Chronicles
Read the review
Sega 9.4 8.4 9.8 0.81m 24th Apr 08 14th Sep 09

Looks to me like it's still .01 behind LO?

Around the Network

I did my part and bought a new copy!

Zuhyc said:
I don't really get why Mistwalker chose to go 360 exclusive this gen (on consoles). At the time they announced Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, the 360 was doing awful in Japan and there was no proof of JRPG's selling well on the system in the west. They could've made some hits on the PS3/Wii and even better, on PSP or DS.

BD & LO are both published my Microsoft and I thought that Mistwaler got founding from MS to. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

I love VC!!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

hikaruchan said:
Zuhyc said:
I don't really get why Mistwalker chose to go 360 exclusive this gen (on consoles). At the time they announced Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, the 360 was doing awful in Japan and there was no proof of JRPG's selling well on the system in the west. They could've made some hits on the PS3/Wii and even better, on PSP or DS.

BD & LO are both published my Microsoft and I thought that Mistwaler got founding from MS to. 

True, although Mistwalker didn't actually develop either. Feel plus did LO and Artoon did Blue Dragon.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

kowenicki said:

@seraphic...

You are so off the mark.. I couldnt care less if VC > LO or if LO > VC

We could now get a rash of copy cat threads like this... all equally pointless.

There sales have been compared for a while.

LO has been seen as the target for VC for ages now.

Now... Valkyria is the highest selling JRPG on PS3/360 that isn't called Final Fantasy.

@nightsurge... Click the link in the OP.