By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Valkyria Chronicles OUTSELLS Lost Odyssey

Hold on, So if VC outsold Lost Odyssey(around 0.82mil), which is the highest selling JRPG this gen so far....WHY IS VC2 ON PSP AND NOT PS3!!!!?!?!?!?!!

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Hold on, So if VC outsold Lost Odyssey(around 0.82mil), which is the highest selling JRPG this gen so far....WHY IS VC2 ON PSP AND NOT PS3!!!!?!?!?!?!!

highest selling jrpg is FF13, next would be MH3 if you qualify it as one.  Of course there are a whole bunch of them on handhelds.  Lost Odyssey was money hatted, and VC is overtracked. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
forevercloud3000 said:

highest selling jrpg is FF13, next would be MH3 if you qualify it as one.  Of course there are a whole bunch of them on handhelds.  Lost Odyssey was money hatted, and VC is overtracked. 

Well I wasnt counting FFXIII cuz its not even out WW yet and I meant HD consoles(no one cares about whats going on with the Wii).

JRPGs rarely get to 1mill besides FF and DQ(console wise) and now WRPGs. 0.8 is close enough. I dont believe development costs could have possibly been THAT much.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
johnsobas said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Well I wasnt counting FFXIII cuz its not even out WW yet and I meant HD consoles(no one cares about whats going on with the Wii).

JRPGs rarely get to 1mill besides FF and DQ(console wise) and now WRPGs. 0.8 is close enough. I dont believe development costs could have possibly been THAT much.

you better rethink how you are wording your posts.  You could get banned for that, you'll probably be getting a warning soon.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

forevercloud3000 said:

When they made decision to go PSP sales were much much worse than that and without too much hope of improvement.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
XanderZane said:
They will never port LO or Blue Dragon to the PS3. SEGA should have ported Valkyria Chronicles to the XBox 360 and Wii. That could have been done easily. SEGA made tons of XBox exclusives last gen like Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Panzer Dragon Orta, SEGA GT, Otogi 1 & 2, and all the 2K Sports games. Not sure why they didn't do much for Microsoft this generation. I still want Shenmue 3 and Gunvalkyrie 2.

Yea they did but XBOX was such a damp squib last gen.. SEGA didnt have much choice though, since SEGA loyalists would not buy a PS2(atleast not for a while) so XBOX was the logical extension for their IP's. But if you look at sales this Gen, 360 is SEGA's weakest performing platform. Yakuza, VC have all sold pretty well on PS3. Shenmue 3 is probably never gonna happen. The closest we have to it is Yakuza.

I wish they'd dig out Panzer dragoon, lunar and alex the Kid. Real gold there.

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

jarrod said:
ElGranCabeza said:

LOL Nope. FYI only Junior Members believe Anihawk. Believe whatever you want but you're still wrong.

lol. I'm a little curious as why you're pushing so hard for this?  Ani's leaks are pretty much repeated everywhere, and some have even been later confirmed by other leaks (like Silent Hill/FFCC, which was reconfirmed by Destructoid).  He's close with the mods, and snarky, but if he was spreading disinformation in the NPDs threads, you can be sure Evilore would put a stop to that... they take NPD rather seriously over there (more seriously than here evidently)...

I'm pushing it as hard as you apparently. Tell you what, if you have a GAF account, and next time "Ani" (I still think your pet name for him is adorable) gives one of his "leaks", you ask other members whether or not that's true and whether or not he has access to NPD. I'm a long time GAF follower, never created an account there bc of reasons I don't wanna disclose, but I know the more seasoned members pretty well. If, and that's a big if, "Ani" got access to NPD, it was very recently and if he indeed did then it'd be good for me to know, until then, I'll just say that you're being Anihawked.

Zuhyc said:
I don't really get why Mistwalker chose to go 360 exclusive this gen (on consoles). At the time they announced Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, the 360 was doing awful in Japan and there was no proof of JRPG's selling well on the system in the west. They could've made some hits on the PS3/Wii and even better, on PSP or DS.

microsoft paid to have one year exclusivity, but after that was done, all third party port the game to recoup the losses.

thats why all microsoft exclusives RPG got delayed or canned on the ps3 denied, then a year after the deal was over ported over.

Vesperia, Star ocean, start as playstation exclusives, FF13 US version probably on it too.

even games published by microsoft like ninja gaiden 2,

has LO ever gotten a "best off" release? cause if you look at the graph, that is evidently the reason for the renewed sales of VC.

Oh well it doesn't matter much does it?

i'll flame a bit:

LO was #1 console RPG for many many week, VC for 0 weeks, too bad! =)

(that said is VC PSP out? i'm looking forward to it and to see the sales it gets)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Good job, Sega!!!

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence