By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

lol..can you imagine these boards when PS3 passes the 360 total sales. People here will be opening champagne bottles.

It actually makes me wonder why I bother posting here amongst all the children...

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
richardhutnik said:
Hus said:
Wow 360 is losing on home turf, things are real bleak for the x.

Let's call it even, because the numbers are close, and there is a margin of error in the numbers, due to VGC using estimates. 

Yeah, I agree here. Still bodes well for the PS3 considering the price difference, but it IS even at this point. 4k of a difference is also within the marging of error.

Pulling even in North America is a good thing for Sony.  Of course, we need to see how Microsoft responds.  If they do manage to still make a profit and trail Sony, that is a sign of health in the industry actually. 

Imo, PSP is dead because of software sales, not because of hardware.

That's why the 360 is in a much healthier condition than it (as in not dead), even though PS3 is performing much better than it (hardware wise)

disolitude said:
lol..can you imagine these boards when PS3 passes the 360 total sales. People here will be opening champagne bottles.

It actually makes me wonder why I bother posting here amongst all the children...

thats funny... i find this the most immature post of the thread.

psp is to expensive honestly.

i was gonna get one to watch movies on it at work but i could get a cell phone to do the same, + id get a new cell phone.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Don't be so bitter, 360 fans were partying the same way when it used to be successful. Average Live user is younger anyway, so the "children" comment applies more to them I guess. ;)

360 may have better weeks in the future, keep the faith.

mario64 said:

@darth : So you'd say PSP is "dead" in the US with 50k sold this week ? For me 'dead' is selling nearly nothing, like 3k a week...

Let's wait for MGS : PW and KH numbers before claiming PSP is dead in the US please. Makes more sense.

38K not 50K

I said "dying/last legs" not dead.

Finally this is not even the dry month yet, it will go even lower

for example:

http://www.vgchartz.com/aweekly.php?date=39103&console=&maker=&boxartz=1#

GBA did 35K in 2007 in this corresponding week

We could safely say that system was "dying" in that phase too.

Please don't take "dying" as an insult for PSP, its old enough to start dying & its done astonishingly hardware sales wise.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

disolitude said:

They will start to do dances, eat Sony air cookies and go woot woot.  I hope they do a dance in the street and scream how wonderful it is, and then see the rest of the world go WTF? to the entire thing.  I want to then see a few yell they are coming for Nintendo next. Reality sets in when they find out Microsoft doesn't leave, and comes up with something else next generation.

@darth : If 35k is dying, then I guess 360 is buried deep in the ground in Japan with under 10k sales for years.

I happen to disagree. 360 is not completely dead for me in Japan, so PSP is definitely alive in the US, as MGS and KH sales should show soon...

Why isn't anyone talking about software? :P

Anyway, NSMB Wii is still on top, although lower than last week, but that was expected. How long will it stay in the top? I guess only when some of the next great releases come.

Above: still the best game of the year.