By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If this continues, the Wii is going to be down massively YoY for Q1.

I guess it's expected, but note that next week of last year VGC had the Wii in Americas at 263k. Yeah.

NPD had the Dec Wii far higher than VGC did, and if current VGC numbers are on target, well... If NPD adjusts their overtracked Dec by lowering their numbers in the coming months, their Jan is going to look pretty bad. Hopefully it's VGC that has the white box undertracked.

Around the Network
trangentspree said:

Nothing new here.

Wii & DS outstanding.

PS3 & 360 neck and neck

PSP dead.

Goodday.

Yay, PSP is so dead it outsold 360 worldwide last week and the week before.

Did Army of Two 2 (Snigger) have like 2 days of sales or did it just bomb really hard?

Don't think EA could afford another bomb... and my God that games under performed lol.

It's getting its arse handed to it by Darksiders lol.

mario64 said:
trangentspree said:

Nothing new here.

Wii & DS outstanding.

PS3 & 360 neck and neck

PSP dead.

Goodday.

Yay, PSP is so dead it outsold 360 worldwide last week and the week before.

This is the american Sales thread

in america from the sales right now its dying/on its last legs/doing very very very poor

This isn't the worldwide or Japan sales thread

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great Numbers for Nintendo.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

@darth : So you'd say PSP is "dead" in the US with 50k sold this week ? For me 'dead' is selling nearly nothing, like 3k a week...

Let's wait for MGS : PW and KH numbers before claiming PSP is dead in the US please. Makes more sense.

Wii is incredible.

c0rd said:

If this continues, the Wii is going to be down massively YoY for Q1.

I guess it's expected, but note that next week of last year VGC had the Wii in Americas at 263k. Yeah.

NPD had the Dec Wii far higher than VGC did, and if current VGC numbers are on target, well... If NPD adjusts their overtracked Dec by lowering their numbers in the coming months, their Jan is going to look pretty bad. Hopefully it's VGC that has the white box undertracked.

So I'm not the only one that noticed this impication.

Nintendo will need something to help momentum in Q1, NSMB has given it a surge, WSR and WF+ are probably helping too, but it seems it'll take even more to reverse the overall trend.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Hus said:
Javaupdate said:
mario64 said:
Congrats to Sony and the PS3 !!

It looks like I was right, PS3 is now outselling the 360 in its own territory !

MS needs good exclusive releases soon (Mass Effect 2).

So, all you people missed last month and last week, and October? And, June 2008 when PS3 sold 2X 360?

You guys are pretty funny.

PS# has outsold 360 many times in the past, and by much more, just so you guys know.

These are American numbers not ww genius.

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=America&cons2=PS3&reg2=America&cons3=X360&reg3=America&start=38865&end=39817

The PS3 was selling even, or slightly more than the X360 through early 2008 in America too.

Javaupdate said:
Hus said:
Javaupdate said:
Hus said:
Wow 360 is losing on home turf, things are real bleak for the x.

yeah i heard microsoft will pull the plug on the xbox project any day now, rofl.

lol hard dude, thats all you got. 

360 sales are tanking ww. 

Of course, haven't you been saying that for ten years?

360 is dead, just like you said. Outsold by a whole 2%, even though in May 2008 it was being outsold by more. It's over.

2%? 2%? Believe it or not, 3802 is not 2% of 75,590. It is more like 5%.

On topic: The PSP just looks horrible.  The DS is still performing excellently and all the home consoles are solid.