By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Standard and Premium Memberships

What if VgChartz starts charging a monthly fee to view sales numbers?

I won't pay. 334 75.57%

I'll pay. 23 5.20%

I'll go to BugriChartz instead. 85 19.23%

Total:442

i cant see them doing that since someone else would just begin posting for free.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

Around the Network
Kantor said:
loadedstatement said:
Would you guys be more happy if you got EVERYTHING you get now for free. In other words, nothing would be taken away. However, if you are a crazy numbers person or just totally love the website, you can pay to access more in-depth numbers. What do you think?

What ioi was saying was that only the rankings for preorders 11-30 and games 21-50 will be shown, and not the sales. I don't like the idea of that. And I assume the GameDB would still be available, in its entirety, for everyone?

I think thats the point

the Game DB won't show weekly sales, or will only show weekly sales for that given week if the game was in the top 10

Also the graph function right now shows weekly sales (when you like just scroll over the graph line)

but apprently that will be changed to just make it a graph showing the curve as it is, but without weekly sales

this is confusing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
loadedstatement said:
Would you guys be more happy if you got EVERYTHING you get now for free. In other words, nothing would be taken away. However, if you are a crazy numbers person or just totally love the website, you can pay to access more in-depth numbers. What do you think?

I will be VERY pleased with this

I am very happy with everything we have now & all the chart tools we have & so on.

Its just if things get taken away & put into the "premium slot", it may be a bit of a let down as we will remember having those features & they won't be there anymore

Agreed with this guy. I fully understand why VGChartz is going ahead with this payment based subscription, but for us to go and lose some features that we've had for years is somewhat disappointing. I mean, don't get me wrong, the numbers would be there (and I can still do my work and projects here) but... your idea is even better.

Keep up the good work guys.

darthdevidem01 said:
Kantor said:
loadedstatement said:

What ioi was saying was that only the rankings for preorders 11-30 and games 21-50 will be shown, and not the sales. I don't like the idea of that. And I assume the GameDB would still be available, in its entirety, for everyone?

I think thats the point

the Game DB won't show weekly sales, or will only show weekly sales for that given week if the game was in the top 10

Also the graph function right now shows weekly sales (when you like just scroll over the graph line)

but apprently that will be changed to just make it a graph showing the curve as it is, but without weekly sales

this is confusing

Nononononono.

At least, ioi didn't say that.

Because if that's the case, VGC is no better than NPD. Worse, actually, because NPD has weekly sales for more than the top 20. I'm thinking that it will be viewable from the game page, just not on the chart.

And that will be the end of my preorder thread

Or I'll only be able to post the top 10.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If that happens, I will finally have a good excuse to leave this site forever.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network
Kantor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kantor said:
loadedstatement said:

I think thats the point

this is confusing

Nononononono.

At least, ioi didn't say that.

Because if that's the case, VGC is no better than NPD. Worse, actually, because NPD has weekly sales for more than the top 20. I'm thinking that it will be viewable from the game page, just not on the chart.

And that will be the end of my preorder thread

Or I'll only be able to post the top 10.

I still don't completely understand what ioi did say.

He said that we won't be able to see past top 20, but looking at the LTD sales we'll be able to deduce weekly sales for games beyond the top 20. so I assumed that there won't be weekly sales on the Game pages anymore, just LTD sales.

I am sure ioi will take our feedback, besides this will always be better than NPD as we will get weekly hardware & software sales!

The whole point of this site is that ioi isn't an elitist snob who charges to view numbers, that's how this site grew to begin with.

Smeags said:
darthdevidem01 said:
loadedstatement said:

I will be VERY pleased with this

I am very happy with everything we have now & all the chart tools we have & so on.

Its just if things get taken away & put into the "premium slot", it may be a bit of a let down as we will remember having those features & they won't be there anymore

Agreed with this guy. I fully understand why VGChartz is going ahead with this payment based subscription, but for us to go and lose some features that we've had for years is somewhat disappointing. I mean, don't get me wrong, the numbers would be there (and I can still do my work and projects here) but... your idea is even better.

Keep up the good work guys.

I know, I used to always think how this site was financially viable for ioi. I for one am happy he is going for this.

VGChartz is still the definitive sales site for us though, as we will STILL get weekly hardware sales & weekly software sales (albeit just the top 50)

but did any of you ever go past the top 50 page anyway? (I really didn't, except for when MGS4 released & I wanted to see where it ranked for months on)

We will still have excellent forums!

And if the subscription based system can make this site more popular & reputable, it will only be better for everyone imo.

loadedstatement said:

This would be perfectly fine for me. OTOH, as I don't even use 1/2 of the current available features, having to pay for a lot of them that I wouldn't use anyway just because some free features I like and use aren't free anymore would piss me off a lot.

BTW I'm very happy that VGC grew, not only in size, but also in quality, to a point it can sell professional services too.   And the thought this will jaundice some folks at NeoGAF makes me ROTFL!!!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
loadedstatement said:

This would be perfectly fine for me. OTOH, as I don't even use 1/2 of the current available features, having to pay for a lot of them that I wouldn't use anyway just because some free features I like and use aren't free anymore would piss me off a lot.

BTW I'm very happy that VGC grew, not only in size, but also in quality, to a point it can sell professional services too.   And the thought this will jaundice some folks at NeoGAF makes me ROTFL!!!   

good points!!!