By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz Standard and Premium Memberships

What if VgChartz starts charging a monthly fee to view sales numbers?

I won't pay. 334 75.57%

I'll pay. 23 5.20%

I'll go to BugriChartz instead. 85 19.23%

Total:442

Will you pay? I think I would. But do you think a subscription scheme would destroy the site?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - ioi

Since this thread has been created, it makes sense to fill you in on some of the plans.

For VGC 3.0 we are planning 3 levels of access for data:

• Free where you can see top 20 charts each week (top 50 rankings), top 10 per console (top 30 rankings), hardware, top 10 preorders (top 30 rankings), new features like milesones, weekly records. Will be enough to have an overview and to discuss trends.
  • Standard membership (~$7.99 per month) where you can see top 200 per week, top 50 per console, top 50 per publisher, top 100 preorders, extra comparison tools, maybe top level download charts, maybe no ads.
  • Premium membership (for industry) where you can see all data as well as some fancy tools for analysing revenues, year on year data, anticipation metrics plus much more.

So you won't HAVE to pay to view data but if you do subscribe it gives you access to more data. Unfortunately, the data-collection side to VGChartz has got to a point now where it is costing more to run than it is generating in ad revenue, therefore we need to move to a new costing model to continue to grow and improve the service. The data certainly won't be going anywhere but you'll only be able to see top-level data for free with the new site. It's more a case of adding new stuff and charging to use it than charging for what is already there.

Around the Network

No

I don't know if that would be very wise. My gaming budget is very limited at the moment so I wouldn't pay for a subscription. I'm not saying the site isn't worth it, if I was rich I would gladly make a donation ;).

BugriChartz sounds good though, I would probably sell my body just to get a glimpse of its awsomeness.

GOT IT ioi ??!!

:D

Time to Work !

forest-spirit said:
I don't know if that would be very wise. My gaming budget is very limited at the moment so I wouldn't pay for a subscription. I'm not saying the site isn't worth it, if I was rich I would gladly make a donation ;).

BugriChartz sounds good though, I would probably sell my body just to get a glimpse of its awsomeness.

:O

how much?

... not that i'm interested.. just.. curious..

but really, how much?

Around the Network

It wouldn't be bad but if it can be done like donation as it is with wikipedia, it gonna help.

There are a lot of site for people to get info.

Check these hilarious commentsFunny Comments and replies

bugrimmar said:
forest-spirit said:

:O

how much?

... not that i'm interested.. just.. curious..

but really, how much?

I think I could get atleast a few bucks of my old, wimpy body.

spynx said:
It wouldn't be bad but if it can be done like donation as it is with wikipedia, it gonna help.

There are a lot of site for people to get info.

*lock in closet together*

How do you expect people to answer without details such as how much?

No.