By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

At least my FFXIII on PS3 would be in HD video instead of super compressed youtube quality video

Around the Network
tingyu said:
At least my FFXIII on PS3 would be in HD video instead of super compressed youtube quality video

You are pathetic. You watched those same quality movies a coupule of years ago on the ps2 with no problem whatsoever.

I knew I was right about the the actual game taking up little space on the disc. I doubt we'd be able to see a major difference in the movies anyway. Now everyone is going to try to say that the PS3 version is better because of the slightly better video quality of the prerendered video quality not the fact the in game graphics are the same for both games.

pokeclaudel said:
tingyu said:

You are pathetic. You watched those same quality movies a coupule of years ago on the ps2 with no problem whatsoever.

I knew I was right about the the actual game taking up little space on the disc. I doubt we'd be able to see a major difference in the movies anyway. Now everyone is going to try to say that the PS3 version is better because of the slightly better video quality of the prerendered video quality not the fact the in game graphics are the same for both games.

yeah but this is new gen and we want better and uncompressed video

tingyu said:

good way to set some fire into the conversation

kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
pokeclaudel said:
tingyu said:

well you will be left wanting then... ps3 doesnt have uncompressed video either.

HE likes uncompressed sound maybe?

I know my dog will neeed FF13 with uncompressed sound, he's probably the only one who can notice a different

{these insults towards 360 version are getting ridiculous now}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
pokeclaudel said:
tingyu said:

well you will be left wanting then... ps3 doesnt have uncompressed video either.

HE likes uncompressed sound maybe?

I know my dog will neeed FF13 with uncompressed sound, he's probably the only one who can notice a different

{these insults towards 360 version are getting ridiculous now}

It is sad really.  When there is little difference between multiplats in 360 favout it is not an issue.  When its FFXIII its a major issue and the 360 version is all of a sudden a gimped mess. 

There is virtually no noticable difference here.  And if anyone thinks I am being selective then go look at my reactions to every single comparison thread where the 360 version is deemed better... I basically say who gives a toss... the game is the same.

Long standing members here like Leo who are perpetuating the myth that the game is lesser because of the 360 should be ashamed, and since the revelations of the size of the game should be embarrassed,  just play the game on the PS3, let those that want to play it on the 360 do so, mind your own business and shut up.

Darth you have been an example to others during the recent nonsense surrounding FFXIII

Thanks, I just want to get rid of unecessary negativity for either versions, as believe it or not, some gullible soul might actually believe in the "360 ruined FF13" BS

The short term memory show is astounding.

_________

"Content cut from FF13"  -- ZOMG XBOx 360 TO BLAME!!!!!!

yeah but you guys do know that MAJOR content has been cut from almost every FF, including a whole world in FF6, & most of FFX-2 from FFX?

_________

"The game is linear as hell" -- ZOMG ITS CUS THEY HAD TO FIT IT ON 3 DISCS

ergh, lost oddesy, TOV & other JRPG's say HI! The vision for FF13 WAS for it to be linear, its made by the team that made the most linear FF game (FFX)....get over it.

_________

And now people make a big deal out of uncompressed sound, I wonder will we really be making an effort to notice a minute difference in the sound instead of paying attention to the battles, the story, dialogue & so on? no we won't even notice.

You know saying "I prefer 1 disc" is even a fair point to make, but a big deal out of uncompressed sound, come on guys

But mark my words, the insults & blaming will only get worse closer to FF13's launch, I hope a "ban at sight" system can be adopted by mods, as its getting annoying now.

We should all be waiting & hoping to enjoy FF13, not starting the "I blame _ _ _ _" game 2 months before its release

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

pokeclaudel said:
tingyu said:

I always thought PS2 FMVs looked like crap because I was used to Bink and DivX stuff with PC gaming..... I'm actually quiet happy that video quality on the PS3 is good, but I'm a snob like that.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
pokeclaudel said:
tingyu said:

uncompressed video will always only be good as a source and not as a final product, it's not logical to have uncompressed video in a final product when they are constantly pushing the resolution higher with raw materials these days, you could however say, we want high quality H.264 videos for current gen, that's where it's at atm until we get more horse power again.

mrstickball said:
Riachu said:
Zucas said:
Well that's not surprising. I mean Lost Odyssey was a lot like this as well (lots of cutscenes and diologue) and the reason it was on 4 discs (and why I refused to play more than I did haha).

I mean I'm not big on games that has a lot of cutscenes, especially ones that happen every few moments. But this is the norm for most games nowadays. Generally most of the game is movies, sound, and dialogue, especially RPGs where those are needed a lot. As much as I don't like extensive cut scenes and things that take you out of the action, as long as it contributes to the story well and doesn't' feel out of place, I think I'll survive.

No it is no.  It is just the norm for RPGs and pure adventure games as well as various Japanese developed games.

After a certain point, Lost Odyssey was pretty open, ala Blue Dragon.

Of course, having finally purchased a copy of Final Fantasy XII, I am remembering exactly how to do a non-linear JRPG right. For every woe that people throw upon XII, it is one of the least linear JRPGs I've played. One of the longest too.

But I digress, it really burns me when a RPG is as linear as some JRPGs are...It's not like it is too difficult to allow a person to explore more of a game world because you don't know where to go. I remember, way back in the day, I'd get lost for days on some JRPGs (Breath of Fire 2 is one I remember) because I went to the wrong areas. I can't remember many JRPGs, sans XII, that I ever got lost in, due to the scale of what was available.

I was referring to how RPGs, pure adventure games, and various Japanese action games tend to have lengthy cutscenes.

To be fair darth... while most people can't tell the difference... and in fact the VAST majority of people don't even have the setup you'd need to hear such a difference...(and still probably couldn't.)

People THINK they can hear the difference.

So if you had the 360 and the PS3 versions and the PS3 version is said to have uncompressed sound they would think the PS3 version sounded better.

While in reality it would sound the same to them... they would still get more enjoyment out of the PS3 version due to them "tricking" themselves...

So.

It's why dozens of decisions in marketing are made. Ice cream containers are made a certain way because it makes the icecream taste better in peoples minds. Stick margarine is wrapped in foil for no reason... and also yellow for no reason when naturally white...