By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

yes a 60 hour game with 9 hours of cut scenes is a movie!

GO STAGE!

I bet that the main quest is less than 20 hours.

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Yeah, but it will take me less time than that! xD

*snickers* Right.

Bet you what, once you get stuck in some chapter because you're trying to speed run it, let me know then ;)

Plus, weren't you one of the people who said that they weren't getting this FF because it wasn't worth it? Now you're getting it I assume?

It's just that I find these attempts of bashing FFXIII amusing, since this was one of the lamest ones :P

Oh well, I'll take the word of people who have actually played the game, over a random internet goer who cares nothing for it xD 

no I think he said he wasn't getting FF13 due to the leona lewis song

for 10 days then he turned back to the light

I guess i'm wrong with Dobby then, sorry for that Dobby, but you've got to admit, saying that you can complete FFXIII, that's a bit lame :P 

Other than the speed run of  the 12 Hour deadline for the Excalibur 2 in FFIX was almost impossible to be met by most people, and FFIX was an easy FF with lots of battles that could be skipped, FFXIII doesn't have this, plus the difficulty for bosses and some fights is tremendous. This is considered to be the hardest FF for a reason ;) 

Ok, so the only thing that's holding me back is insane boss difficulty?

By all means let's make a bet then.

I want you to show me that your first playthrough in FFXIII is less than 20 hours, you can skip cutscenes and all that you want, but it has to be under 20 hours in the end. Show me a pic of the save game and it's time of completion when you return to the game to do the extra missions.

You can lay the terms of the bet in whatever you want. This should be fun, other than the single person that I know off that has done the 12 hours speed run in FFIX, I haven't known a single person who has done any other of the post FFV FF's in less than 20 hours, even if they rush it.

Yes, it has to be first playthrough, because after all, we're talking about first playthrough completion time ;) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
CommonMan said:
There has to be a way to blame the Wii for this. Someone help me out here.

Crystal Bearers has a lot of girls who look like Vanille, only they're blonde. Now there is nothing special about this game!

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
CommonMan said:

Crystal Bearers has a lot of girls who look like Vanille, only they're blonde. Now there is nothing special about this game!

I won't take offense to that comment, because i've played Crystal Bearers and know that's not particulary true :P 

But if Xen sees your post be prepared for a long discussion xD

Also Crystal Bearers is too inferior to Crystal Chronicles, but that's just me :P 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

darthdevidem01 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

....Which makes me wonder why X360 owners needed 3 discs.

Sorry, had to say that. I think it is retarded that they spend the time, money, and data on creating CGI cutscenes when in-game cutscenes (Gears of War) can look very good, without the requirements for space.

but they didn't

Most cut scenes are in game.

Isn't the point of this thread that XIII has 70% of its data due to movies? Even if most cut scenes are in game, Square still went overboard with CGI. Heck, 32GB is the size of a regular movie!

Thats true, but in game cut scenes from reports I have heard have higher res models for the characters, so that has contributed to this huge figure.

But I doubt there is that much CGI in the game....if there is I'll love the game even more, if there isn't oh well

If they have higher rez models for the characters in the cutscenes they aren't in game cutscenes.

In game means... with the graphics you use in the game.

but they are not CGI -- those cut scenes with slightly higer rez models (not like much much much higher rez or anything)

CGI = Computer generated imagery.  All graphics are computer generated images technically.

The difference betweeb in game cutscenes and CGI cutscenes is based on if they use the real in game assets.  The fact that they are higher rez assets means they are not in game.  They are not using the in game models that are normally used.

lestatdark said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
CommonMan said:

I won't take offense to that comment, because i've played Crystal Bearers and know that's not particulary true :P 

Also Crystal Bearers is too inferior to Crystal Chronicles, but that's just me :P 

You shouldn't take offense at all. The context of my comment was clearly a joke. But there is actually one of the NPCs that has a similar design as Vanille, and even the pigtails. Just I'm actually prone to redheads, but the design is similar.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
lestatdark said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
CommonMan said:

You shouldn't take offense at all. The context of my comment was clearly a joke. But there is actually one of the NPCs that has a similar design as Vanille, and even the pigtails. Just I'm actually prone to redheads, but the design is similar.

I know, I know, that's why I told you to worry about Xen, he's a hardcore Vanille supporter! :P 

You're right though, the design is very similar, guess the teams shared some ideas, or could it be pure coincidence? 

Current PC Build

Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

Sorry, had to say that. I think it is retarded that they spend the time, money, and data on creating CGI cutscenes when in-game cutscenes (Gears of War) can look very good, without the requirements for space.

but they didn't

Isn't the point of this thread that XIII has 70% of its data due to movies? Even if most cut scenes are in game, Square still went overboard with CGI. Heck, 32GB is the size of a regular movie!

Thats true, but in game cut scenes from reports I have heard have higher res models for the characters, so that has contributed to this huge figure.

But I doubt there is that much CGI in the game....if there is I'll love the game even more, if there isn't oh well

If they have higher rez models for the characters in the cutscenes they aren't in game cutscenes.

but they are not CGI -- those cut scenes with slightly higer rez models (not like much much much higher rez or anything)

CGI = Computer generated imagery.  All graphics are computer generated images technically.

The difference betweeb in game cutscenes and CGI cutscenes is based on if they use the real in game assets.  The fact that they are higher rez assets means they are not in game.  They are not using the in game models that are normally used.

I dunno but some people said most cut scenes that aren't the "Typical FF CGI cut scene" (you know the type I'm talking about) have models that look very very slightly better than the ones in the battle system bit.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

but they didn't

I dunno but some people said most cut scenes that aren't the "Typical FF CGI cut scene" (you know the type I'm talking about) have models that look very very slightly better than the ones in the battle system bit.

How is that different from FFXII?

The models in FFXII didn't look any better then the ingame models except for the hair.

LordTheNightKnight said:
CommonMan said:

Next time you watch an FF13 trailer, open your eyes

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lestatdark said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
lestatdark said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
CommonMan said:

I know, I know, that's why I told you to worry about Xen, he's a hardcore Vanille supporter! :P 

You're right though, the design is very similar, guess the teams shared some ideas, or could it be pure coincidence? 

1. Actually, Vanille is kind of what's keeping me from totally leaving this game.

2. It's because there is this kind of art direction that some of the games have been following. I've seen it in VIII, X/X-2, partly XII, and these two games. It's also why I say anyone putting down the graphics in CB is just wrong. The graphics are some of the most detailed of any Wii game (and I mean as in there are loads of details), same as XIII is one of the most detailed of all the HD games (and not even brown or gray shaded).