By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

yes a 60 hour game with 9 hours of cut scenes is a movie!

GO STAGE!

I bet that the main quest is less than 20 hours.

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Yeah, but it will take me less time than that! xD

*snickers* Right.

Bet you what, once you get stuck in some chapter because you're trying to speed run it, let me know then ;)

Plus, weren't you one of the people who said that they weren't getting this FF because it wasn't worth it? Now you're getting it I assume?

It's just that I find these attempts of bashing FFXIII amusing, since this was one of the lamest ones :P

Oh well, I'll take the word of people who have actually played the game, over a random internet goer who cares nothing for it xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

GO STAGE!

not even if you skip all the cut scenes = 9 hours

31 hours at the least dobby!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

*snickers* Right.

Bet you what, once you get stuck in some chapter because you're trying to speed run it, let me know then ;)

Plus, weren't you one of the people who said that they weren't getting this FF because it wasn't worth it? Now you're getting it I assume?

It's just that I find these attempts of bashing FFXIII amusing, since this was one of the lamest ones :P

Oh well, I'll take the word of people who have actually played the game, over a random internet goer who cares nothing for it xD 

no I think he said he wasn't getting FF13 due to the leona lewis song

for 10 days then he turned back to the light

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

*snickers* Right.

I guess i'm wrong with Dobby then, sorry for that Dobby, but you've got to admit, saying that you can complete FFXIII, that's a bit lame :P 

Other than the speed run of  the 12 Hour deadline for the Excalibur 2 in FFIX was almost impossible to be met by most people, and FFIX was an easy FF with lots of battles that could be skipped, FFXIII doesn't have this, plus the difficulty for bosses and some fights is tremendous. This is considered to be the hardest FF for a reason ;) 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

*snickers* Right.

I guess i'm wrong with Dobby then, sorry for that Dobby, but you've got to admit, saying that you can complete FFXIII, that's a bit lame :P 

Other than the speed run of  the 12 Hour deadline for the Excalibur 2 in FFIX was almost impossible to be met by most people, and FFIX was an easy FF with lots of battles that could be skipped, FFXIII doesn't have this, plus the difficulty for bosses and some fights is tremendous. This is considered to be the hardest FF for a reason ;) 

I am DREADING this

I do not like hard games, then again FFX was easy, FF7 extremely easy, FF8 was medium, FF9 was easy....so who knows

Around the Network

well both versions were ported from the pc crystal tools, ps3 version only has the bigger size cgi data because they was no reason to compress them.

SE have already confimed that game data had to be cut, so i stand by that game data was cut due to them having to make a fair version of a 360 game. for which i 100% agree multiplats should be same, but i feel the game woould have been larger if ps3 only, i hope versus dont go multiplat.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

*snickers* Right.

I am DREADING this

I do not like hard games, then again FFX was easy, FF7 extremely easy, FF8 was medium, FF9 was easy....so who knows

Well, you'll always have the restart battles options, so even if you get stuck in a hard battle, you can figure out different strategies to use in your next re-try.

To me, with the exception of FFIV, all FF's were fairly easy when compared to other JRPG's, especially early days DQ and the SMT and Persona games. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I am DREADING this

Well, you'll always have the restart battles options, so even if you get stuck in a hard battle, you can figure out different strategies to use in your next re-try.

To me, with the exception of FFIV, all FF's were fairly easy when compared to other JRPG's, especially early days DQ and the SMT and Persona games. 

Besides if I get stuck you can help me!! And khuutra ofcourse, he's really good at FF games!

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

*snickers* Right.

Ok, so the only thing that's holding me back is insane boss difficulty?

There has to be a way to blame the Wii for this. Someone help me out here.