By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

....Which makes me wonder why X360 owners needed 3 discs.

Sorry, had to say that. I think it is retarded that they spend the time, money, and data on creating CGI cutscenes when in-game cutscenes (Gears of War) can look very good, without the requirements for space.

but they didn't

Most cut scenes are in game.

Isn't the point of this thread that XIII has 70% of its data due to movies? Even if most cut scenes are in game, Square still went overboard with CGI. Heck, 32GB is the size of a regular movie!

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

"Ok, I respect that. I know that FFX turned some fans off because they took a lot of the explorability and backtracking of previous Final Fantasies (thankfully FFXII corrected that). I think the worst thing they did with FFX was taking off the entire World Map itself, it didn't feel the same without one."

Also the story is just coming across as nothing special, which wouldn't be a problem save for all the years in development and effort on the visuals. Plus that many of the cut scenes show all this beautiful world, and you don't get to actually look at most of it.

I remember how awesome Estar looked in FFVIII and how cool it would be to explore a place like that full. I was hoping this gen would take advantage of that. I didn't expect a GTA style game in such a city, just that S-E seems to be focusing on the visuals of these games at the expense of other things.

Not that the visuals are bad (and the look nicely sidesteps the uncanny valley by being more CGI anime than photorealism), just the focus on them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

Sorry, had to say that. I think it is retarded that they spend the time, money, and data on creating CGI cutscenes when in-game cutscenes (Gears of War) can look very good, without the requirements for space.

but they didn't

Isn't the point of this thread that XIII has 70% of its data due to movies? Even if most cut scenes are in game, Square still went overboard with CGI. Heck, 32GB is the size of a regular movie!

Thats true, but in game cut scenes from reports I have heard have higher res models for the characters, so that has contributed to this huge figure.

But I doubt there is that much CGI in the game....if there is I'll love the game even more, if there isn't oh well

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

but they didn't

True, but FFXIII doesn't have the "length" of a regular game

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

but they didn't

Thats true, but in game cut scenes from reports I have heard have higher res models for the characters, so that has contributed to this huge figure.

But I doubt there is that much CGI in the game....if there is I'll love the game even more, if there isn't oh well

If they have higher rez models for the characters in the cutscenes they aren't in game cutscenes.

In game means... with the graphics you use in the game.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:
darthdevidem01 said:
mrstickball said:

but they didn't

If they have higher rez models for the characters in the cutscenes they aren't in game cutscenes.

In game means... with the graphics you use in the game.

but they are not CGI -- those cut scenes with slightly higer rez models (not like much much much higher rez or anything)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I wonder how it all works on three discs, as that 6.8gb would most likely have to replicated on each disc and again with all of the cutscenes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

yes a 60 hour game with 9 hours of cut scenes is a movie!

GO STAGE!

I bet that the main quest is less than 20 hours.

dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

GO STAGE!

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

GO STAGE!

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Yeah, but it will take me less time than that! xD