By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

Since when is 6.8G of game small?! It takes a LONG damn time to create 7G of game content.. sounds about right to me...

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Well that's not surprising. I mean Lost Odyssey was a lot like this as well (lots of cutscenes and diologue) and the reason it was on 4 discs (and why I refused to play more than I did haha).

I mean I'm not big on games that has a lot of cutscenes, especially ones that happen every few moments. But this is the norm for most games nowadays. Generally most of the game is movies, sound, and dialogue, especially RPGs where those are needed a lot. As much as I don't like extensive cut scenes and things that take you out of the action, as long as it contributes to the story well and doesn't' feel out of place, I think I'll survive.

No! It's because you secretly hate me!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LordTheNightKnight said:
"Eh, even I think that's BS. No FF outside of FF12 has taken me more than 40 hours to beat."

You can't use yourself to determine a game's length. Those are about the average play times.

I understand that, but to say it takes ___ hours to beat is foolish as it doesn't and will not take that long. Every developer and publisher likes to exaggerate the true length of their games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hfm said:
Since when is 6.8G of game small?! It takes a LONG damn time to create 7G of game content.. sounds about right to me...

this is Final Fantasy not any franchise.It is one of the super elite franchise.Not an EA or Activison every year production like COD or Guitar Hero.