By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII is 32.6GB of movies and just 6.8GB of actual game content

Jin_Shihouin said:
Beat FFXIII in 55 hours (with only doing about 10% of the missions).
I'm now at 80% of the missions post game and have played almost 90 hours.
Getting the platinum will take most almost everyone more than 100 hours.

And the game is awesome.

Better form an opinion after playing the game.

Thankfully, that one guy who tried to spoil it for everyone here on the site (Soap_T.) was wrong about the ending.

THANK THE LORD!

Can you please post your impressions (detailed ones) here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=97888

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

yes a 60 hour game with 9 hours of cut scenes is a movie!

GO STAGE!

I bet that the main quest is less than 20 hours.

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Eh, even I think that's BS. No FF outside of FF12 has taken me more than 40 hours to beat. Of course, there's always tons of extras (not so much in the older FFs) to do as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
lestatdark said:
dobby985 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Wow is this a game or a movie? Imagine if this had been PS3 only. My goodness.....movies galore.

yes a 60 hour game with 9 hours of cut scenes is a movie!

GO STAGE!

I bet that the main quest is less than 20 hours.

You bet wrong. Why don't you ask around people who have actually played the game here in the forum. Go ask Perpride or iLLmaticV9.

Main Quest lasts 50-60 hours, even Famitsu said so.

Have any FF lasted less than 40 hours to complete? Why even that assumption? 

Eh, even I think that's BS. No FF outside of FF12 has taken me more than 40 hours to beat. Of course, there's always tons of extras (not so much in the older FFs) to do as well.

Well, just ask around any member on this site who has the game and has already finished it. The first playthrough time is at about 50/60 hours, which is an good time span for a first playthrough.

Also, no FF outside FF12 has taken you more than 40 hours to beat? I guess that i'm the oddball here then, as I take at least 60 hours to beat the main game for my first playthrough, and that's counting out any sidequests or extras xD

Then again, my first playthroughs are always made without any kind of guide or help, so that's probably why I take longer. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

"Eh, even I think that's BS. No FF outside of FF12 has taken me more than 40 hours to beat."

You can't use yourself to determine a game's length. Those are about the average play times.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

darthdevidem01 said:
Kasz216 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I never said it was different from FF12

The scenes in FF12 were not ingame cutscenes.

Your being way too technical again

Tell me what you understand by a CGI cut scene, ingame cut scene & whatever is in between

for me this represents a CGI cut scene:

This is a in game cut scene (that often has character models that looks better than gameplay character models):

I have no clue what your talking about

You are correct Darth.

With the term CGI people mean extremely high quality graphics that are pre-rendered and recorded into a movie.

The in-game cut-scenes are generated in real time, thus taking very little space from the disc media. A more correct term for in-game cut-scenese would be "in-engine" cut-scenes, and u would have avoided this debate with Kazs lol.

Around the Network

I only got maybe half way through FFXII's main story and I got 40 hours in.

So the question should be are these FMV files.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

This to me is almost the definition of linear:

FFXIII Dungeon 1:

FFXIII Dungeon 2:

Now compare to FFVI:

Narshe Cave:

Kefka's Domain:

Actually those are four different parts of the same dungeon, the Hanged Edge, the same dungeon used in the demo, which is a walkway overlooking Cocoon, so that's why it's pretty linear ;)

Do a bit more research before hand :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Games are at their most linear in the beginning.