By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:

Horii is not the same as Square Enix.

Besides, by the time the DQ X is out I doubt the 3DS would have sold more than the Wii. This is DQ, it'll sell well.

Dragon Quest VII released on PS1
Dragon Quest VIII released on PS2
Dragon Quest IX released on DS

3DS would also continue the trend.

Isn't Horii employed by SE? lol

Anyway, pointless debating it right now. I suppose we will find out soon enough if it really is still a Wii game.

PS1 - best selling
PS2 - best selling
DS - best selling
3DS - ...0 units.

What trend? But I guess it is pointless debate. I wouldn't doubt DQ XI hitting the 3DS though.

PS1 - best selling
PS2 - best selling
DS - best selling
Wii - sold less than the DS

My point in trend was that there has been 1 main numbered game released every generation since PS1.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:
Carl2291 said:
Soriku said:

Horii is not the same as Square Enix.

Besides, by the time the DQ X is out I doubt the 3DS would have sold more than the Wii. This is DQ, it'll sell well.

Dragon Quest VII released on PS1
Dragon Quest VIII released on PS2
Dragon Quest IX released on DS

3DS would also continue the trend.

Isn't Horii employed by SE? lol

Anyway, pointless debating it right now. I suppose we will find out soon enough if it really is still a Wii game.

PS1 - best selling
PS2 - best selling
DS - best selling
3DS - ...0 units.

What trend? But I guess it is pointless debate. I wouldn't doubt DQ XI hitting the 3DS though.

PS1 - best selling
PS2 - best selling
DS - best selling
Wii - sold less than the DS

My point in trend was that there has been 1 main numbered game released every generation since PS1.

DQIX and DQX had crossed development cycles though, which never happened before.  I'm guessing it's part of Wada's plan to get higher frequency with SE's 3 main pillars (which is also why we've seen so many conversions/remakes now, versus just one for each new installment).

And Hori's never announced a DQ, then switched the platform afterward.  I guess it's not impossible, but knowing the franchise, it seems pretty unlikely they'll move DQX from Wii at this point.   3DS will undoubtedly get DQXI though.

Hero_time88 said:

No, the PSP has sold more than the Wii, and to be honest, I wonder if there are actually more active PS3 users at this point in Japan than active Wii users.

I have read some acticles that say that more than 50% of the Japanese Wii owners don't even touch there console anymore, and that was a year ago...

Can you source these articles for us?

Also, Wii still sells more software than PSP.  It has a lower userbase, but that lower userbase still buys more games.

I have found this:

http://n4g.com/news/74804/wiis-gathering-dust-in-japan

But i'm sure that I read earlier this year similar articles, and some of the Japanese I know have mentioned the same. It's ofcourse there perception, but I can assure that the word of mouth isn't as positive as it was a couple of years ago.

It does not matter if half of the userbase touch the Wii or not anymore;..For DQX they will..

And people will buy a 3DS for DQX if they have to like many DQ fans probably still don't have a Wii and need to buy one if DQX will come out.

Around the Network
Hero_time88 said:

I have found this:

But i'm sure that I read earlier this year similar articles, and some of the Japanese I know have mentioned the same. It's ofcourse there perception, but I can assure that the word of mouth isn't as positive as it was a couple of years ago.

Uh, that article's from October... 2007?  Did you even read it, they talk about how Mario Galaxy 1 will get people playing again.  This was before DQX was even announced for Wii...

Yes, and the situation of the Wii in Japan is now much worser.

If 67% didn't touch there Wii back then, imagine now...

jarrod said:
Hero_time88 said:

I have found this:

Uh, that article's from October... 2007?  Did you even read it, they talk about how Mario Galaxy 1 will get people playing again.  This was before DQX was even announced for Wii...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hero_time88 said:

Oh Wii's up shit creek in Japan at this point, no question... but come on, the article you're talking about is referencing the post-launch period.  And if Wii could still get DQX with a userbase of which "67% didn't touch there Wii" then, what's stopping it from holding on to it now?

Hero_time88 said:

100%?

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d