By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Boring days...

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm new to this thread, is total the number of pre-orders in 1,000's? Wow, PSP is still getting a major game?

1 point = 1 preorder at a COMG store.

People extrapolate that for the whole of Japan and come up with that it generally equals 1k preorders.

Most people feel that Nintendo games do closer to 1k preorders per point on here, while Sony games do more like 600-800 preoders per point.

Personally, I don't think the breakdown is as simple as that.  It depends on the system.  A PSP game will generally be in at the lower end (~600/point).  PS3 games will be ~800/point.  3DS/Vita games will be closer to 1000/point.  And we haven't really seen enough Wii-U games for me to judge.

Also, it depends on the type of game.  Niche otaku games will do much better on here than they will on Media Create.

I hope that makes sense!

It does, and wow. Amazing what you can extrapolate off a dozen pre-orders or more.

Where is Pikmin 3?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Kresnik said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm new to this thread, is total the number of pre-orders in 1,000's? Wow, PSP is still getting a major game?

People extrapolate that for the whole of Japan and come up with that it generally equals 1k preorders.

Most people feel that Nintendo games do closer to 1k preorders per point on here, while Sony games do more like 600-800 preoders per point.

Personally, I don't think the breakdown is as simple as that.  It depends on the system.  A PSP game will generally be in at the lower end (~600/point).  PS3 games will be ~800/point.  3DS/Vita games will be closer to 1000/point.  And we haven't really seen enough Wii-U games for me to judge.

Also, it depends on the type of game.  Niche otaku games will do much better on here than they will on Media Create.

I hope that makes sense!

It does, and wow. Amazing what you can extrapolate off a dozen pre-orders or more.

Where is Pikmin 3?

Nintendo games don't come up for pre-order until release date reveal, calm yourself.

It'll get on there with time.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Boutros said:
Leave Axumblade alone! It's Smeags! GET HIM!!!

I knew it! His cute outside no longer fools me!

Otakumegane said:
Michael-5 said:
Kresnik said:
Michael-5 said:

I hope that makes sense!

Where is Pikmin 3?

Nintendo games don't come up for pre-order until release date reveal, calm yourself.

Nintendo unveiled the release date for Pikmin 3 at the last Nintendo Direct Conference. It's July 13th in Japan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Otakumegane said:
Michael-5 said:
Kresnik said:
Michael-5 said:

I hope that makes sense!

Where is Pikmin 3?

Nintendo unveiled the release date for Pikmin 3 at the last Nintendo Direct Conference. It's July 13th in Japan.

Well pre-orders in US aren't high for Pikmin either.

It's one of those games that people don't really pre-order or something. I haven't. Not gonna worry about stock shortages like FE when this is their big game for the summer.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Michael-5 said:
Otakumegane said:

Well pre-orders in US aren't high for Pikmin either.

It's one of those games that people don't really pre-order or something. I haven't. Not gonna worry about stock shortages like FE when this is their big game for the summer.

I hope so, I really want to see Wii U sales pick up, and Pikmin 3 is the first real system seller the Wii U has. I bought my Wii for this game, which is no longer a Wii game now, but it's likely going to be my first Wii U game (I plan to get a Wii U in fall 2014, after I beat all my Wii games).

New thread is here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902

Please do not post in this current thread anymore.

RIP @ this thread.

DON'T POST!!

New thread is here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902

This thread is really what a great thread on gamrConnect should be. Great information presented and great discussion. After more than 3 years of continuous use, it is time we acknowledge the work that Boutros has put into this thread. With that said...

DarthDevidem01 is dead.

Long live Boutros!

(Locking!)