By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan PRE-ORDER Chartz Thread - Will Be Updated Daily!

Notorius.A.i.G said:

GT5 currently has 312pt. So can I assume that it has around 250 - 275k pre - orders ?

I think it has round 150k preorders. Last japan preview (9/26) said 125k http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82216/the-japan-preview-926-edition-pokemon-yakuza-psp-reign/

Around the Network
ivanpgcs said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

GT5 currently has 312pt. So can I assume that it has around 250 - 275k pre - orders ?

I think it has round 150k preorders. Last japan preview (9/26) said 125k http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/82216/the-japan-preview-926-edition-pokemon-yakuza-psp-reign/

Thanks.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

150k pre-orders. Maybe 300k first week?

ElGranCabeza said:
trestres said:
Nintendogamer said:
trestres said:

Finally Kirby... it will gather some points from now on, it has 11 days left.

Super Mario Collection will be big, I thought that it was a limited quantity item, but it looks like it's a limited time offer, with no production limits. It will sell whatever people buy, or whatever Nintendo ships.

This could be the biggest year for the Wii in terms of million sellers in Japan.

2006: Wii Play and Wii Sports
2007: Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Fit and Mario Party 8
2008: Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii and Animal Crossing: City Folk
2009: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Monster Hunter Tri
2010: Wii Party, ????

Probable million sellers launched in 2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Collection, Mario Sports Mix and Donkey Kong Country Returns (this one depends on if its launched this year or not). FlingSmash I'd say no, because I don't see it as avery appealing item to the Japanese, even if bundled with the Wii Mote Plus.
What do you guys think?

If all those games make it to 1 million, it would be the year with the most million sellers launched with 6 games in total, and double the best year from Nintendo's first party games because they have been releasing 3 million sellers per year since 2007 (2006 didn't have enough time).

It looks like Nintendo is on their own now in Japan, so they will be releasing most of their remaining big guns without caring for the third party turds.

Iwata did say he Nintendo will ship more copies because of the fan determination.  The last story, rythm heaven, DQX are the 3rd party titles that will sell really well but wont be coming out this year.

Rhythm Heaven and The Last Story are 1st party. I can see Rhythm Heaven with a slight chance of hitting 1 million, but I wouldn't count on it. The Last Story won't hit a million either. Zelda: SS won't either and neither will Fatal Frame 2 Remake.

So Nintendo hasn't got any huge games coming out in Japan next year so far. I can't see Pikmin 3 hitting 1 million either, but I can see Wii Relax doing it, unless it flops like Wii Music (Hypothetical case where both come out next year). Next year is really Nintendo's last push for the Wii, but as you can see this year will be the last big push for the console.

Inazuma Eleven Break and DQX next year are pretty huge.

First of all, those are not games from Nintendo themselves, and that was my point.
Secondly, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, not Break like you said, will not be even close to huge. The genre has been changed from RPG to Sports, bad move by Level 5.
Thirdly, DQX will not come out next year.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

First of all, those are not games from Nintendo themselves, and that was my point.
Secondly, Inazuma Eleven Strikers, not Break like you said, will not be even close to huge. The genre has been changed from RPG to Sports, bad move by Level 5.
Thirdly, DQX will not come out next year.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if DQX had been moved to the 3DS.

Around the Network
trestres said:

Super Mario Collection will be big, I thought that it was a limited quantity item, but it looks like it's a limited time offer, with no production limits. It will sell whatever people buy, or whatever Nintendo ships.

This could be the biggest year for the Wii in terms of million sellers in Japan.

2009: Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros Wii and Monster Hunter Tri

Probable million sellers launched in 2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Collection, Mario Sports Mix and Donkey Kong Country Returns (this one depends on if its launched this year or not). FlingSmash I'd say no, because I don't see it as avery appealing item to the Japanese, even if bundled with the Wii Mote Plus.
What do you guys think?

If all those games make it to 1 million, it would be the year with the most million sellers launched with 6 games in total, and double the best year from Nintendo's first party games because they have been releasing 3 million sellers per year since 2007 (2006 didn't have enough time).

It looks like Nintendo is on their own now in Japan, so they will be releasing most of their remaining big guns without caring for the third party turds.

Would think it's the least likely one out of all the games you listed.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
trestres said:

What do you guys think?

Would think it's the least likely one out of all the games you listed.

Don't doubt anything with Mario in the title, first rule of sales lol. 

Nintendogamer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Nintendogamer said:
Boutros said:

I really don't think Kirby and DK will sell more than 1 million this year in Japan.

LT they should though, I can see them doing 400K min this year.

Highly unlikely.

No it's quite likely, it should do about 200K first week when it will have legs and nearing the christmas season it should have more.

You keep on dreaming that it'll do 1 million LTD and 400k this year then....it's nice to want things.

kopstudent89 said:
Nintendogamer said:
ElGranCabeza said:
Nintendogamer said:
Boutros said:

I really don't think Kirby and DK will sell more than 1 million this year in Japan.

LT they should though, I can see them doing 400K min this year.

Highly unlikely.

No it's quite likely, it should do about 200K first week when it will have legs and nearing the christmas season it should have more.

I agree... Saying it wont do 400k is insane O_o

400k LTD, sure, 400k this year and 1 million LTD? Highly unlikely. WW, yes? Japan only? Highly unlikely

italo244 said:

150k pre-orders. Maybe 300k first week?

150k pre orders shall translate to roughly 200k 1st week.