By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP reaches 3 million ! What a FLOP !

LBP is awesome i expect a 5mill ltd sale's

Around the Network
VictorG said:
It's a flop based on expectations. This game was played up as Sony's answer to the Wii and if you look at its sales compared to the Wii games and the impact the game had (none?) it's a flop.

Expected this to pop up.

Who's expectations dear sir ? Who said it was Sony's answer to the Wii ? LBP is innovative, it brought the Play, Create, Share theme to the console.

When you think about it, it has something similiar to certain Wii games. 

Innovation and long legs. By long legs I mean, LBP sold 300k (roughly) first week. It has sold 10X that amount as of now, and has not stopped selling yet !

VictorG said:
It's a flop based on expectations. This game was played up as Sony's answer to the Wii and if you look at its sales compared to the Wii games and the impact the game had (none?) it's a flop.

well said 

i agree with you

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

krimoz911 said:
VictorG said:

(You were being sarcastic, right?)

When this game was announced the expectations were that it would turn things around for Sony.  I'm not being sarcastic, it was Sony's big game that was supposed to change things or at least that is what some played it up to be.  It didn't and that is where the flop came from.  If the game hadn't of been played up it wouldn't have gotten the grief it got.

There's two sides here, the one side that labelled it a flop because it failed against the Wii and the other that is claiming it's not flop and therefore must have beaten the Wii.  Based on those sides it's obvious which is correct.

VictorG said:
krimoz911 said:
VictorG said:

When this game was announced the expectations were that it would turn things around for Sony.  I'm not being sarcastic, it was Sony's big game that was supposed to change things or at least that is what some played it up to be.  It didn't and that is where the flop came from.  If the game hadn't of been played up as some kind of answer to the Wii this thread wouldn't be here.

There's two sides here, the one side that labelled it a flop because it failed against the Wii and the other that are claiming it's not flop and therefor must have beaten the Wii.  So based on those conditions is it a flop or not?

There's a third side, the one that had normal expectations and figured that such a game on the PS3 would be lucky to get ~2 million.  If you look at the "what do you expect from LBP" sales prediction threads I don't think you'll find many that say it was going to beat the Wii, so therefore where are you getting this expectation from?

Basically you made up a condition for the game flopping based on the most unrealistic expectations you could find and have no concern for realistic expectations for the game, the average expectation for the game, or profits.  Usually one of those three is used to figure out if a game flopped.

Around the Network
VictorG said:
krimoz911 said:
VictorG said:

When this game was announced the expectations were that it would turn things around for Sony.  I'm not being sarcastic, it was Sony's big game that was supposed to change things or at least that is what some played it up to be.  It didn't and that is where the flop came from.  If the game hadn't of been played up it wouldn't have gotten the grief it got.

There's two sides here, the one side that labelled it a flop because it failed against the Wii and the other that is claiming it's not flop and therefore must have beaten the Wii.  Based on those sides it's obvious which is correct.

Wait...what?

Apparently since the Wii still exists LBP was a flop? 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

How is 3 million a flop?

VictorG said:
krimoz911 said:
VictorG said:

Excellent post yet again:) full of facts and 100% unbiased:) Everyone expected it to over 30 million:)

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=40117&page=1

That's it, I'm selling my PS3.

I'm not owning a console with commercial failures like THAT.

I think I'll go buy a Sega Saturn.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i bet Sony would be happy if every single PS3 game out there would flop like that!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’