By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP reaches 3 million ! What a FLOP !

Andysw said:
How is 3 million a flop?

Don't you know LBP was supposed to kill the Wii, end world hunger, solve climate change and make peace with the Islamic world? God, have you been living under a rock?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

Stupid tittle..
It only did that much thanks to heavy bundling!
Which is kinda sad...Because it had everything it would need for 2-3 million without bundles.
So I blame marketing!

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
Stupid tittle..
It only did that much thanks to heavy bundling!
Which is kinda sad...Because it had everything it would need for 2-3 million without bundles.
So I blame marketing!

I was waiting for somebody to say that.

GoW3_Ever, you want to handle this one, or should I?

Okay, I will.

What did it sell without bundles, exactly? And is it going to stop selling tomorrow?

Well deserved.

VictorG said:
krimoz911 said:
VictorG said:
It's a flop based on expectations. This game was played up as Sony's answer to the Wii and if you look at its sales compared to the Wii games and the impact the game had (none?) it's a flop.

(You were being sarcastic, right?)

When this game was announced the expectations were that it would turn things around for Sony.  I'm not being sarcastic, it was Sony's big game that was supposed to change things or at least that is what some played it up to be.  It didn't and that is where the flop came from.  If the game hadn't of been played up it wouldn't have gotten the grief it got.

There's two sides here, the one side that labelled it a flop because it failed against the Wii and the other that is claiming it's not flop and therefore must have beaten the Wii.  Based on those sides it's obvious which is correct.

so sony have sent a game to beat a console? uauhhh that is so smart... sony really makes good moves in this industry...

/sarcasm

where do you come up with this things? really?

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Andysw said:
How is 3 million a flop?

Don't you know LBP was supposed to kill the Wii.

You do know that the playstation 3 was at a high pricetag and had less advertisement right? Maybe this explains why little big planet hadn't sell as well as expected?

3 million is not bad at all. Uncharted sold nearly 3 million. So is uncharted a flop as well?

Cool! This game is incredible!

Andysw said:
Kantor said:
Andysw said:
How is 3 million a flop?

Don't you know LBP was supposed to kill the Wii.

You do know that the playstation 3 was at a high pricetag and had less advertisement right? Maybe this explains why little big planet hadn't sell as well as expected?

3 million is not bad at all. Uncharted sold nearly 3 million. So is uncharted a flop as well?

Uncharted wasn't supposed to kill the Wii. But yeah, sure, that can be a flop too.

Relative to the expectations at launch that it would outsell Halo 3, cure cancer and send a manned spaceflight to Mars.

Not to be rude but how much of the sales comes from the really really cheap prices it has? I mean I can buy this game here in Sweden new for less then 1/3 of the full price it had when it was released.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

So, 63 weeks and 3M in sales, for a new IP. Pretty nice.
about 48k a week