By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which has been the hardest boss you have ever encountered?

Raam from Gears of War =)

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network

I also would have to say The Bone Dragon from Paper Mario: TTYD. You can only encounter him When you complete the Pit of 100 Trials, that means u have to clear 99 stages with enemies (unless u r lucky and there are a few stages without enemies) without beeing able to save in between or go to a hotel to sleep to recover ur wounds.

And in the 100th stage the bone dragon comes and he is then even harder than the final boss of the game.

You are only able to do that when u have loads of potions, and leveled up like crazy. And when u die u have to do all 99 stages again!

U dont have to beat him to finish the game but i was lucky enough to beat him =)

MRFENIX said:
I can remember only one tough boss. RAAM on gears of war, insane difficulty. Could not beat him on single player, had to beat him on co-op.

I couldn't even beat him on hardened! Though with co-op he isn't impossible, that was basically the only part that I did on co-op, I had to basically force my brother to play to beat that part

Munkeh111 said:
thekitchensink said:
Wow... this many posts and not a mention of Demon's Souls yet? That's unexpected...

Hardest I've played is probably either Raam from Gears 1 or Sephiroth in the original Kingdom Hearts.

I assume nobody has got to the end of Demon's Souls yet...

Anyway, I would second your ideas

You assume wrong my good sir :P Finished Demon's Souls twice in normal game and once in NG+, where the game is twice as hard XD Alas, most Demon's Souls fans in here have finished the game many times, and has it's been said, bosses in Demon's Souls aren't the hardest thing in the game ;)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

the_bloodwalker said:
Gladiator Droid on Star Wars: Shadow of the Empire on Jedi difficulty

That [*bleep*] robot is a pain in the [*bleep*]. You have to destroy it three damn times and each time is harder than the previous, because after you defeat the [*bleep*] bastard the first time, the [*bleep*] torso gets up and flies in mid air and the arena changes. Then you have to deal with the [*bleep*] head. In a difficulty level that almost every time one hit and you're [*bleep*] dead.

Sorry... I needed to get that out of my chest

this is so true.

And after that boss fight i never touched the game EVER!

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Around the Network

RAAM on insane.

Takes too many damn hits and is almost unbeatable in singleplayer. In co-op mode it's definitely possible.

And also any end boss of any rencent fighting game (Tekken 6, SFIV, DoA4)

Chaos from dissidia.

Holy crap. I thought I was the only one that had trouble with General Raam.

Radec/ Elite difficulty/ KZ2.

Took me around 30 tries.

4 ≈ One

Demon's Souls.....period.

Ummm, Trema in FFX-2. I had to grind to level 99, then find out from trial and error just what the perfect dressphere combination and techniques to use. Even then, that fight took like an hour or something along those line. I would say Paragon, but if you have the right strategy, you can beat him in like 5 minutes

Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 1. I mean, wtf? You first meet him when you're like level 49 or 50. Then he proceeds to whoops your ass in like 1.5 hits. So I grind to like level 65 or 70 thinking I'd beat him. Nope, same thing happened. Level 80? Nope. Only when I was level 99 and had the Ultima Weapon, did I beat him