By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which has been the hardest boss you have ever encountered?

I can remember only one tough boss. RAAM on gears of war, insane difficulty. Could not beat him on single player, had to beat him on co-op.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
There are lots of hard boss fights that I could put in here, but i'll just name a few:

- Omega weapon and Shinryu in FFV
- True Eve in Parasite Eve
- Nightmare, Dante Must Die difficulty in Devil May Cry
- Sephiroth, Extreme Difficulty in Kingdom Hearts I
- Origin in Tales of Phantasia
- Asura in Vagrant Story

Asura was not so hard .... well, not so much

To me she was extremely hard, because the only weapon that could even cause a dent in her HP was a Human Class 70 weapon, and I only had Human at 60, I focused too much in Dragon. 

Also, you had to go through 3 hellish levels in Iron Maiden before you get to her, so my resources were very scarce when I reached her.

well, I dont remember how I killed Asura ... perhaps I got a good weapon for her ... it was hard to not so hard

I always have the impression that all boss needed 2 fold more HP to make the game more "funny"

I just know the final boss was a good joke in term of difficulty

that the only thing I didnt like in the game : the end is easier than the start

1st golem boss, 1st "haunted armor boss", 1st fire elemental boss were more difficult to me than the last fire elemental boss : good joke
same go for each elemental/boss type

the game was still outstanding

Yeah you're right, Guilderstern is a bit of a joke in terms of difficulty, especially if you use Arts continuosly on him.

Also, the game did get a bit easier as you fought along the same type of bosses, mainly because of Affinities that you've gained. When you first fight the first boss in that line, you have 0 affinity for that type of monster, so it's very tough.

I guess the only bosses that didn't follow that pattern, at least for me, were Dragons, because they would always have a second type of Affinity, so you could be doing fine in terms of Dragon Affinity, but if you lacked on the second Affinity, you were screwed. 
Wywerns were the biggest example of this. 

wow, you know your job man ...

remembering the name of the main bad guy ...

I also remember the first human boss (he fight using his fist only) was quite difficult to me ... what was his name ?

Time to Work !

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

libellule said:
lestatdark said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
libellule said:
lestatdark said:
There are lots of hard boss fights that I could put in here, but i'll just name a few:

- Omega weapon and Shinryu in FFV
- True Eve in Parasite Eve
- Nightmare, Dante Must Die difficulty in Devil May Cry
- Sephiroth, Extreme Difficulty in Kingdom Hearts I
- Origin in Tales of Phantasia
- Asura in Vagrant Story

Asura was not so hard .... well, not so much

To me she was extremely hard, because the only weapon that could even cause a dent in her HP was a Human Class 70 weapon, and I only had Human at 60, I focused too much in Dragon. 

Also, you had to go through 3 hellish levels in Iron Maiden before you get to her, so my resources were very scarce when I reached her.

well, I dont remember how I killed Asura ... perhaps I got a good weapon for her ... it was hard to not so hard

I always have the impression that all boss needed 2 fold more HP to make the game more "funny"

I just know the final boss was a good joke in term of difficulty

that the only thing I didnt like in the game : the end is easier than the start

1st golem boss, 1st "haunted armor boss", 1st fire elemental boss were more difficult to me than the last fire elemental boss : good joke
same go for each elemental/boss type

the game was still outstanding

Yeah you're right, Guilderstern is a bit of a joke in terms of difficulty, especially if you use Arts continuosly on him.

Also, the game did get a bit easier as you fought along the same type of bosses, mainly because of Affinities that you've gained. When you first fight the first boss in that line, you have 0 affinity for that type of monster, so it's very tough.

I guess the only bosses that didn't follow that pattern, at least for me, were Dragons, because they would always have a second type of Affinity, so you could be doing fine in terms of Dragon Affinity, but if you lacked on the second Affinity, you were screwed. 
Wywerns were the biggest example of this. 

wow, you know your job man ...

remembering the name of the main bad guy ...

I also remember the first human boss (he fight using his fist only) was quite difficult to me ... what was his name ?

You mean Duane? He was kinda hard, especially since he had backup from other two soldiers in that fight, but I found the next human boss fight, against Rosencratz to be harder, mainly because he too used Arts, which caused a lot of damage to you at that point in the game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2 - Dark Falz and Olga Flow on Ultimate difficulty. The struggle began when I could finally not get one hit KO'd by the majority of their attacks.

Around the Network

Radec in KZ2 - not quite Radec but his hallroom. On Hard difficulty!

TERRA KH2 FINAL MIX-ON PROUD MODE

General Raam on Insane- I had to use a glitch for that bastard. The section of the Ares battle in GOW where you defend your family from the swarm of Kratos clones, that was just on Hard. I literally do not understand how that can be done on God mode. Azazel in Tekken 6 was a cheap boss- Jinpachi in T 5 was nothing compared to that.

Games these days are generally easy, so I don't know what else.

thekitchensink said:
Wow... this many posts and not a mention of Demon's Souls yet? That's unexpected...

Hardest I've played is probably either Raam from Gears 1 or Sephiroth in the original Kingdom Hearts.

I assume nobody has got to the end of Demon's Souls yet...

Anyway, I would second your ideas

Sandman in Punch-Out!! I still don't know the secret to beating him, I just got lucky.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video