By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have lost all faith with the Sony brand

Alexie Di Onie said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
It's ok Alexie, you just put down your feelings in the wrong moment, everybody thinks you're joking because of Rol's thread yesterday.

Now I am curiou, what did Rol do?

Go take another gander at the thread...you might be surprised at what you find.

You might also understand why your thread is being derailed. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
johnlucas said:

Missing a letter between H & T. You probably shoulda tried spelling Blu-Ray.

Rol would be proud.

John Lucas

Proud of what? Actually I am disappointed because when I saw this thread, I hoped to read a joke post.

I don't see any hidden message in the OP and the logic used in it seems alright, with some exaggerations thrown in (fun with Resistance for about two seconds for example). It really seems to be an honest post from a former Playstation fan who is disappointed in the PSP and PS3.

My thread yesterday was built around 24 highly doubtful reasons why the Wii would fail, but in this thread there is not even a single absolutely stupid reason why he would be disappointed in the PS3 so far.

Also, he came immediately back to discuss his opinion on the Playstation brand. If this was really a trap he would have waited for a while and kept people wondering what this is all about.

Ahh I see, that sounds like a lot of fun actually. Alright next bunch of threads will have you guys looking out for general Ackbar. 

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

Griffin said:
The only troll in this thread is the topic starter.

Let me get this straight. The OP posted a detailed and thorough post explaining his disappointment with Sony. You come in here and post a one-liner and he is the troll? Unless I've stepped into some sort of VGChartz's version of the Twilight Zone, you can just look in the mirror and see what a troll is.

Rol's thread from yesterday has everyone overly paranoid and seeing sarcasm where there is none. Sorry your topic got derailed Alexie. I hope the problems with this thread don't discourage you from taking the time out to post in the future.

As for your topic, every company has it ups and downs. Unlike Sega, Sony has other successful divisions to keep them a float while they right the ship at SCE. I am sure by the time the PS4 rolls around Sony will have their issues ironed out. 

"and those are?"

Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Drake´s Fortune
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo 5
Infamous
White Knight Story
Tekken 6
FFXIII
Disgaea 3
Etc..

@ Alexie

Don't give up hope yet. Remember this is still the first year and first years are always lacking in great games. Plus with the much ballyhooed processing power of the PS3 it'll take even longer to make really great games.

Sony has made some missteps with the PS3, and it'll cost them this generation, but that doesn't mean the PS3 won't rock with some of this generations greatest games or that the Playstation brand is broken. They got arrogant and been feed a big helping of humble pie. Look for Sony to be back on their game and moving up from here on out. It won't be #1 but it could certainly still be the #1 system for you.

On the flipside, MS and Nintendo are doing excellent right now, and if you don't want to wait for great games, you certainly don't need to out of some misplaced loyalty.

Around the Network

*reads it and goes back to play Syphonfilter*

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@ gamerace - I know that they are tryin, but I want them to be the system they were last generation now! I miss those days.

@Jounin Garret

Ratchet and Clank- Platformer not interested (judging by the sales no one else is either)
Heavenly Sword - God Of War clone (I'll pop in numer two if I wanna play that)
Folklore - has been a pretty dissappointing RPG for my one friend, he returned it and put the mnoney on Rockband.
Drake's Fortune - Looks good, but that's just one game.
MGS4 - Delayed into Q2 08, wouldn't be surprised if we don't get it till christmas
Little Big Planet - Also delayed
Gran Turismo 5 - When are we getting that?
Infamous - I would like to think I know quite a bit about video games, but I must say I have never heard of this game, regardless is it coming out in 2007?
White Knight Story - 2008.........
Tekken 6 - 2008...........................
Final Fantasy XIII - 2009..................
Disgaea 3 - Your joking right, the first one may have been good, but the second was kinda lackluster, and its not exactly a system seller either.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

JouninGarret said:
"and those are?"

Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Drake´s Fortune
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo 5
Infamous
White Knight Story
Tekken 6
FFXIII
Disgaea 3
Etc..

Ah, I see we've found another person that bought their console purely on potential.

BULLDOGG said:
i dont think its better. but its defenantly not as bad as your saying. i like my xbox. i play it just as much as the PS3. i think people are expecting to much from sony. cause of the success of the PS2. it will get there eventually. and i know people are tired of hearing wait and see. sony is moving forward. they get better and better every month. and its a wait and see game. to soon to say its a failure. i bought the PS3 at launch and was disapointed at the time. but ive been pretty impressed with in the last 6 months.

The PS3 may become more appealing every month -- or perhaps every other month -- but Microsoft and Nintendo have platforms that are also becoming significantly more appealing on a monthly basis. Look at the awesome releases for the Wii lately. Right now, I literally have 3 Wii games that are getting my time split between them because they're so good (Guitar Hero 3, Mario Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime) and my girlfriend loves MySims, Guitar Hero 3 and Mario Strikers Charged. Both GH3 and Mario Strikers Charged have solid and fun online components that look like they'll keep them fun for a long time.

And if I didn't have so many games fighting for my gaming time, I'd own Zack & Wiki and Battallion Wars 2, both look very good. Unfortunately, the game of the year, Super Mario Galaxy, is just about to be released so I don't have time to get into yet another game before that one comes out.

Sony is already behind.  If they want to compete with Nintendo and Microsoft they're going to have to do a lot more than just plod along with a couple of good releases and one very good release every quarter.   They're going to need to pile on 5-10 good releases per quarter and put out a couple of great titles every year.  Doing 'pretty good' isn't nearly good enough for Sony right now.

twesterm said:
JouninGarret said:
"and those are?"

Ratchet & Clank
Heavenly Sword
Folklore
Drake´s Fortune
MGS4
LittleBigPlanet
Gran Turismo 5
Infamous
White Knight Story
Tekken 6
FFXIII
Disgaea 3
Etc..

Ah, I see we've found another person that bought their console purely on potential.

I bought mine for it's potential and I've been potentially happy with most opf the 1st party games and downlaodable games so far.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453