By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have lost all faith with the Sony brand

zackblue said:
Come on soriku

serisouly resistance, ratchet, warhawk, heavenly sword vs paper mario metroid zelda and metroid, ps3 has a slight upper edge.. and growing now with the addition of call of duty 4.. But watever I enjoy them all. wii=ps3 in fun but 360 is a higher experience :D

Zelda almost beats the shit out of all those combined, and then you throw in metroid....

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
Blackhawk FSI said:
ssj12, im pretty sure xbox360 dvds are not large enough to hold 40 hours of a hd game...

on topic, to early to say sony disappointing. it has only been out for a year

i must be blind, cause im staring at eternal sonota and oblivion

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Soriku said:
zackblue said:
Come on soriku

serisouly resistance, ratchet, warhawk, heavenly sword vs paper mario metroid zelda and metroid, ps3 has a slight upper edge.. and growing now with the addition of call of duty 4.. But watever I enjoy them all. wii=ps3 in fun but 360 is a higher experience :D

First of all, shooters suck (including Metroid), Resistance and Warhawk are out. Ratchet is an exception. Heavenly Sword is too short for my tastes (5-6 hours for $60? Yeah right.)

So it's: Ratchet Vs. Mario and Zelda

And you put Metroid twice .

Now let's compare games I like or would like on the PS3 to Wii games I like or will like on the Wii (keep in mind this DOES NOT include rumored games, and yes BK3 and the Matsuno RPG ARE coming, not exactly rumored now. And this includes both upcoming and released games):

PS3:

FF XIII
FF Versus XIII
TLR
Disgaea 3
Eternal Sonata
DMC4
(Possibly) MGS4. Not a an of MGS, really, but I might give it a try if I had a PS3.
WKS

(I think I've missed a couple, just give me a list of upcoming RPGs)

Vs.

Wii:

Baten Kaitos 3
Disaster: DoC
MH3
SMG
SMG
PM
Zelda: TP
Fatal Frame IV (maybe, I don't think so but maybe)
FFCC: TCB
ToS: KoR
Sword of Legendia
Unnannounced Matusno Wii game (this WILL happen)
Unnaounced Media Vision game (They announced they're working on one, just we don't know what it is)

And a bunch others I missed, but there's too many X_X

Overall the Wii has a better line-up that appeals to me than the PS3 so I prefer it.

To each its own.. i dont prefer the wii though too many kiddy games

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

zackblue said:
Come on soriku

serisouly resistance, ratchet, warhawk, heavenly sword vs paper mario metroid zelda and metroid, ps3 has a slight upper edge..

Outside of sony fans i don't think a lot of people will agree with you, and most reviewers supports my point.

Paper mario, Metroid, Zelda, Zack & Wiki >>>  Heavenly sword, Resistance, Ratchet, Warhawk

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Soriku: There's also shin megami tensei and most likely Star ocean 4.

Losttearsofkain: C'mon zelda? last i checked twilight princess was on the gamecube, therefore making it a multiplatform game. But yes, with the addition of Galaxy along with metroid, it's safe to say Wii has a better exclusive lineup than the PS3, not necessarily the full lineup though.

Around the Network

Usually when we refer to exclusive its either console or company console so zelda is still exclusive.

Yes, but if we go by that, then 360 has one of the best lineups, ever

Usually "we" as in who? If that's so then God of War 2 is also a PS3 exclusive, since it's playble on both systems that has a sony brand on it... The term exclusive is typically put on a game that cannot be played on anyother console during that time. Zelda was playable on both Wii and Gamecube, there was no need to get Twilight princess on the Wii.

"Yes, but if we go by that, then 360 has one of the best lineups, ever"

Isn't that what microsoft constantly tells everyone? the 360 does technically has one of the best holiday lineups ever, but line-up and library are two different things. With library being much more important.

bbsin said:

Usually "we" as in who? If that's so then God of War 2 is also a PS3 exclusive, since it's playble on both systems that has a sony brand on it... The term exclusive is typically put on a game that cannot be played on anyother console during that time. Zelda was playable on both Wii and Gamecube, there was no need to get Twilight princess on the Wii.

what ?

Zelda TP Wii and Zelda TP on GC aren't the same games, the Wii version is better due to the montion controls. If the games were 100% the same thing you would have a point.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

W29 said:
@Twesterm

I like the current batch of games that are avaliable for the PS3. I like Folklore and Lair, they have bad reviews. Just that Wii owners were expecting bad reviews and bad sales from those games. For me I as a PS3 or rare PS3 like those games, and I'm satisfied. I would rather have a somewhat so-so PS3 libaray then have a big libaray and can't purchase all those titles!

sent from PS3

And I'm not going to argue your decision.  You're cool with your console and games and anything I say shouldn't change that.  I simply see these people that constantly complain their console is collecting dust (PS3, Wii, and 360 owners say this) and these are generally the people that buy their console based on potential and not games released.  

Even if there's one or two games out when you buy your console you have to ask yourself what do I do after I finish those games?  That's why it's nice to make sure you actually have some sort of selection proportionate to the price.  That's just my simple little theory. 

carlos710 said:
bbsin said:

what ?

Zelda TP Wii and Zelda TP on GC aren't the same games, the Wii version is better due to the montion controls. If the games were 100% the same thing you would have a point.

Are you serious?.... Zelda twilight princess for GC/Wii are the same games wtih different control schemes. The Wii port version supports widescreen and GC doesn't, and yes the Wii Twilight princess is a port since the game was programed with GC hardware in mind. Just b/c a programmer throws in motion sensoring as controls doesn't change the fact that it's the same game, with same grahpics and same gameplay. Is ace combat considered a different game if you plug in a flight stick? Or hows about playing gran turismo with a wheel instead of a remote? or hows about UT3 on the PS3 that allows KB&M compared the Xbox360 version what only uses a gamepad?