By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you find good news for PS3 these days seems to be followed by bad news?

i find bad news for the PS3 mostly coming from people who do not own a PS3

Edit: i feel like this Thread has just been made to make me say something like that!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

@xxx : yeah the latest doom threads are even more pathetic. Now it's "Ok PS3 is successful but Sony isn't profitable".

I can already see the next ones : "Ok now Sony is profitable, but PS3 still needs a power plug to work, what a failure".

Or : "PS3 sucks since online functionalities don't work when you're offline".

mario64 said:
@xxx : yeah the latest doom threads are even more pathetic. Now it's "Ok PS3 is successful but Sony isn't profitable".

I can already see the next ones : "Ok now Sony is profitable, but PS3 still needs a power plug to work, what a failure".

Or : "PS3 sucks since online functionalities don't work when you're offline".

It's just baffles me how easily people go from "It's too damn expensive!!!" to "SONY just doesn't know how to make money."

4 ≈ One

Porcupine_I said:

i find bad news for the PS3 mostly coming from people who do not own a PS3

Edit: i feel like this Thread has just been made to make me say something like that!

ditto

@Mario64: Well, it's going to take quite a while before PS3 is successful, it likely isn't ever going to be. Or a while before it starts turning profit. If Sony is able to break even with it, it can consider itself very lucky.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

Final fantasy still has great legs even though it dropped, it's not really all that bad

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Legend11 said:

[...]

I'm not trying to troll with this thread (unless reality is trolling the PS3)[...]

That was quite funny, but no, reality isn't trolling the PS3, at all.

Your post is way too... dramatic.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

meh......sometimes, I don't know why people had such high expectations for FFXIII(sales wise) did they expect another 1mil+ week? like most people said before me, it was an normal FF game drop.

CGI-Quality said:
I tend to observe that certain people like to be against certain consoles no matter what they accomplish. FFXIII's drop was expected, no bad news there. It's more of a case of, no matter how good something does, it will always have it's doubters.

Bottom line, PS3 proved itself to be a worthy EXCELLENT platform in 2009. It's doubters aren't too happy. Frankly, who cares?

This. Sorry had to add that in CGI ;).

2009 was a great year for PS3, with Hardware sales will come software sales, FF came at a time where there was many good games to choose from. Everybody has a spend there money wizley, and like me there are many games I want and could only buy one right now, then next month another. The Economy is tough, people don't have to money to buy all the software they want, but hang in there it will happen, just may take a few more months. The more PS3 out there the more software will sale in time.